Chapter 45

Draco woke up, briefly forgetting where he was, and clutching his pillow tighter.

"You okay?", Harry asked, sleep lacing his voice.

He was the pillow in question and had woken up to Draco hugging him tightly.

"Yes. Just forgot where I was for a moment."

"Mkay."

Harry was almost asleep when Draco moved again.

"Alright, I'm up, what's wrong now?"

"I fell asleep before writing to Mother. She must be frantic I have to go-"

Harry stopped Draco by placing a hand on his arm.

"I wrote to her last night. I sent Scarhead Jr with a note."

"Oh. Thank you. Sorry, you can go back to sleep."

"You sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure you need it."

"So do you", Harry mumbled, rolling over.

Tentatively, he turned over as well and wrapped an arm around Harry. Harry grabbed Draco's hand and lightly kissed his knuckles.

Draco was the first to wake up again an hour later. Carefully untangling himself from Harry, he went to take a shower to try and relax. He knew it would be a trying day, and he didn't know if he was up for it. After collecting clothes to change into, Draco called for Kreacher.

"Master Malfoy", he greeted.

"Draco, please. Could you prepare breakfast for Potter and I in about an hour? He's still sleeping and I don't want him to go through the trouble for me."

"I is delighted to be able to help. Thank you Master Draco. I is gonna get you when it is ready."

With a bow, Kreacher was off and Draco took his shower. Changing into Harry's clothes, he then quietly made his way back into the bedroom where Harry was still sleeping. He lightly fussed with his hair, but decided to leave it down and flat. None of his products were here anyways.

Once he was done, Kreacher came back in to tell Draco that breakfast was ready. Harry woke up as the house elf was leaving.

"Everything alright?", Harry asked as he stretched out.

"I asked Kreacher to make breakfast. I hope that was alright. You seem very tired, I didn't want you fussing with anything."

"I am kind of tired. Lots on my mind, it's been a bit harder to sleep. Before you apologize again, your company helped, so thank you."

"Yes, I'm sure me showing up unannounced as I'm having a breakdown is always a welcome sight."

"It just reminds me that no matter how perfect you portray yourself as, you're still human, and that's perfectly fine. You're always welcome here, and I'll keep telling you that until you no longer feel bad for showing up."

"Thank you Scarhead. Really, that means a lot to me. Thank you for taking care of me last night too. I'm sorry if I freaked you out."

"You need to stop bottling your emotions up like that. You can talk to me anytime you need to alright?", Harry said sincerely.

"Alright. Did you want breakfast before you shower?"

"Please. Then we can write to McGonagall and be done with it."

"Maybe we should write to her first? Just the thought of what could happen is making my stomach turn."

"Tell you what. We eat, write the letters, and then I'll take a shower and we can do anything you want today."