Chapter 19

"You ready Prince?"

"As ready as I'll ever be Scarhead. Too late to bring cuddles back to the table?", Draco asked nervously.

"We'll cuddle the whole night. Just have to make it through dinner."

"Okay."

With one last squeeze to Draco's hand, Harry knocked on the door.

"Harry, Draco! You're early, I must say I'm surprised."

"Hello Mrs. Weasley, it's nice to see you, Mother sends her regards."

"Of course. Won't you come in?"

Steeling himself, Draco went in first, with Harry closing the door behind them. They followed Mrs. Weasley into the kitchen to drop off the wine and cake.

"You both didn't have to bring anything, but thank you. Harry dear, we have parchment scattered across the house for you. Feel free to pick up any piece you see lying about. It's there for a purpose."

With a nod, the two men were shooed into the living room.

"Harry!"

"Fred, George!", he replied with a grin. "You remember Malfoy?"

"Course we do", George answered with a nod.

Malfoy was shocked when Fred pulled him in for a hug.

"Thank you."

"I don't know what for". Malfoy said airily.

"Yes, you do", Fred replied fiercely. "You don't need to be modest about this, you saved my life."

"Huh?"

As he had felt most of his life, Harry once again knew that something was being hidden from him.

"Malfoy hit me really hard with an Expelliarmus. So hard that I flew a good few feet backwards. As soon as I hit the ground, an explosion went off right where I had been standing. Got knocked in the head pretty good with some rubble. If Malfoy had just continued going past me, I would be dead.

I didn't understand it at first, but it made sense. It looked like I had been blasted by the rubble and I was dead. Gave Percy quite the scare. My wand was away from me too, which really added to the effect. No one would bother me if they thought I was dead.

You even made sure that I had the best healers assigned to me, and you helped cover some of the costs. I know that you did. So, I say thank you again, for everything. We'd like to start out on a clean slate. It's time old rivalries are put to rest. We accept your apology, and would like to move on."

"It was the least I could do", Draco admitted. "I would love to start over."

Both twins pulled Draco in for a hug, and Fred grabbed Harry by the arm and pulled him in too.

"You're amazing", Harry whispered in Draco's ear.

Draco knew that tone meant they would be talking about this later. Feeling a bit uncomfortable with the attention, Draco knew it would be a good time to get away for a bit.

"Would you like some help Mrs. Weasley?"

"That would be lovely dear."

Normally, she would decline, but she thought this could be a nice moment to get to know Draco without Harry hanging over his shoulder. She wanted to speak to him anyway.

"Excuse me", he said, as he headed into the kitchen.

"Thank you for offering to help dear."

"Of course. I do have to inform you that I'm not the most competent in the kitchen. I can chop and stir."