Chapter 23

Harry and Draco worked comfortably together, sharing more laughs than Draco had ever remembered in one occasion.

"So, can you enlighten me on what this Slytherin tradition of yours is for birthdays?"

"I suppose so. But you cannot tell anyone, it's sacred."

"Cross my heart-"

"Don't even finish that, I know you mean it literally. Anyway, it's quite simple really. We get pissed off of our faces, sometimes we club, other nights we drink at home. Depends on the mood. I have no clue what they have planned for this year. It could just be night in with alcohol and some games or something. I dunno if I feel like being around so many people again you know?"

"Oh believe me I do. I don't even go out as me anymore. If I do, I freeze up and I can't talk to people. I was out today actually."

"Ooooh, get anything good?"

"Cinnamon pretzels. They're so bloody good. Probably should've gone food shopping while I was out, but my social battery was drained."

"Get anything else?"

Draco was fishing and Harry knew it. He decided to humor him.

"Just some things for my sweetheart of a Prince."

"Is he more fit than me?", Draco teased, playing along.

"That's quite an impossible feat."

Harry was dead serious, and he wasn't sure if Draco knew that.

"That's the only correct answer."

Draco clapped his hands together.

"Now, the potion is complete after one final step. I need your hair."

"Planning on using polyjuice to be me Malfoy?", he teased.

"At one time, perhaps. Now? Abso-bloody-lutely not."

"Take what you need."

Oh how Draco wished that was an open invitation.

"Perfect. It needs to sit in a dark room for a few weeks, and then be taken out the night of the next full moon to absorb as much light as possible. The full moon is extremely powerful, it helps solidify the connection. That's why we started brewing on the night of a full moon."

"Oh, that makes sense. Thanks."

"Are you ready for the salve now? I'll tell you how it works. Basically, I'll apply it, and then it will absorb for about an hour or so. If it stings, it means it's working. It'll be unpleasant, but I promise I won't hurt you. Then you need to shower and wash the residue off.

We can do this at yours if you want instead? I don't mind if you want to shower here though, whatever makes you feel most comfortable. If you do stay here, you can stay for dinner."

"Here is fine. I'm too tired to go back and forth. Plus, if I stay for dinner then I don't have to cook."

"Alright. Take off your shirt and lay on my bed on your stomach."

"You want me to strip for you?", Harry teased.

"I wouldn't mind a show", Draco responded with a smirk.

He watched as Harry very slowly peeled off the t-shirt, all while maintaining eye contact. Draco couldn't help but bite his lip in anticipation.

"I'm going to wash my hands to make sure they're clean", he said dryly.

"I'll be waiting."

Harry didn't know what had gotten into him and made him so flirty, but he was having fun. By the look on Draco's face, so was he. For now, Harry would enjoy the personal attention. He trusted Draco.