Chapter 65

Harry had been at the Weasleys' for an hour, and had finally relaxed. He was in the kitchen, helping Molly with dinner. He had mastered the art of cooking with one hand and using his wand in the other to be able to communicate still.

Molly was happy and bustling about, fussing over Harry as usual. He had already gotten yelled at when he arrived after bringing a gift.

"Harry, it's your birthday! There's no need to be bringing gifts, you should be receiving them!"

"It's part of a late birthday gift for Gin as well! Besides, I come around often enough that I'll be using it too."

Ginny opened up the Xbox and kinect sensor with a feral grin. She had received every single Just Dance game, along with the Guitar Hero games.

"Oh Merlin, these are going to be fun! We have to play later. I need to be ready to destroy Pansy."

When Harry was finally shooed out of the kitchen, he, Ginny, Fred, and George were putting together the band kit for Guitar Hero. Hearing the floo go off, he raised his head with a smile wondering If Draco's meeting had ended early and he decided to show up for dinner anyway. The smile immediately slipped off his face and turned into a look of confusion.

"Harry!"

He allowed himself to be knocked to the floor by the weight of the other person, sputtering as he hit the ground.

"Hermione?", he choked out as he was pressed into the floor.

"Hello mate!", Ron greeted.

"What're you- huh?"

"Who was that, D- oh Ronald!", Molly exclaimed.

Harry heavily exhaled and closed his eyes as Hermione righted herself. Ginny helped him up and a deep frown was set on her face.

"What are you both doing here? Sit, sit! Oh Ginny dear watch dinner for a moment will you?"

"I can-", Harry started.

"Nonsense! They're here for you Harry dear, sit down as well. Make sure the potatoes don't burn please dear."

Harry was feeling very panicky and trapped. Fred and George exchanged a look and lightly pulled Harry down in between them. Shooting them a thankful look, he focused on his breathing. The other three in the room were oblivious to what was occurring.

"If you want us to set something off as a distraction, let us know", Fred whispered.

"We're more than willing. Just say the word", George agreed.

"Thanks."

Harry was just grateful that Molly knew how to talk because lately his best friends were feeling like strangers, and he wanted his Draco.

"So Harry, how was your birthday?", Hermione asked, squeezing on the couch next to him.

"Alright, thanks."

"Did you do anything fun?", she pressed.

"We had a small party for him", Ginny said from the kitchen.

"You had a party, really?", Ron asked.

"Wasn't my choice, but it was fun."

"Oh Harry, we're so sorry we missed it! And we completely forgot to tell you happy birthday when we called!"

"We did?", Ron asked, confused.

"Yes we did! Happy belated birthday Harry. This is for you."

She handed him a very neatly wrapped package. When he opened it, he couldn't help the smile that overcame his face. This was the thoughtful Hermione that he knew and loved.