Chapter 28

{For the sake of this story I'm making Draco's birthday in late June to give them time to have gotten closer, I know his birthday was June 5th and I wanted this chapter up by his actual birthday but better late than never! The picture gets mentioned later.

Fanart credit: @/goldentruth813}

It was the day before his birthday, and Draco was excited and anxious to see what Harry had planned for him. He had absolutely no clue what to expect. Especially because Pansy gave him an early gift that he was instructed to only open when Potter was with him. Merlin knows what that would be. Hopefully it wasn't embarrassing.

Harry specifically told Draco to wait for him, but Draco was impatient.

"Draco dear, you're going to wear through the soles of your shoes."

"Sorry Mother. I just have no clue what he's planning. I've packed and unpacked my bag three times."

"Did you pack your camera?"

"No, I didn't. Why, do I need it? Do you know what it is?"

Narcissa just sipped her tea.

"Should I be this nervous? It's not even a date. Where is my camera?"

"Draco dear, relax. You're going to have a wonderful night. I'll get the camera for you, and I already packed some extra film away in a box. It's got a bow on it."

"Thank you Mother."

"It will be fine dear. If it's not, you always know you can come back home. Invite Harry to your birthday dinner with all of us tomorrow if you'd like. Pansy and Blaise already said it was okay for the dinner. They want you for whatever you're doing afterwards. I'll be spending my day brewing hangover potions."

"Yes, those will probably be necessary."

Draco went upstairs to where his mother said his camera was, and tucked it away in his bag. He was checking everything for the fifth time when he heard Harry's laugh. Grabbing his bag, Draco threw it over his shoulder and jogged down the hall, ending in a casual walk down the stairs. Potter didn't need to know how anxious Draco was.

"Potter. You're early."

"Surprise", he replied with an easy going laugh.

Harry slung Draco's bag carefully over his shoulder and held out a hand for Draco to take.

"Ready?"

"Ready."

"Always nice to see you Narcissa."

"You as well, dear. Have fun you two. I want to see lots of pictures."

If Draco had been paying attention, he would have noticed the hidden smirk on Narcissa's face. Harry missed it because he only had eyes for Draco. With an audible pop, they were back at Harry's.

"I turned off the wards so no one will be bothering us."

"So we're staying here?"

That was what Draco was all worked up for?

"Kind of", Harry replied mischievously.

Oh how Draco missed that gleam in his eyes.

"I'm ready to be dazzled. But first, Pansy gave me this gift that I had to open in front of you. If it's inappropriate, I apologize. But if I don't do it, she'll know."

"Is something going to jump out at us?"

"If I ruin any furniture she'll pay for it."

Biting his lip, Draco pulled the ribbon off the box and waited for a minute to see if anything would happen. When nothing did, he flicked up the lid. Unwrapping the tissue paper, he laughed when he saw what the paper had been hiding.