Chapter 32

Draco had no clue how much alcohol he had, but it wasn't enough. He was currently having a crisis. If there was one thing to know about Draco Malfoy, it's that he loved to go out, dance, drink, and have a good time. The whole night felt off. Dancing with strangers didn't have the same appeal as it once did. Even the hot guys throwing themselves at him didn't do anything for him. He missed Harry.

For the past 10 minutes, Draco was trying to figure out how to politely tell his friends that he was ready to go home. Thankfully, for him at least, he didn't have to. Pansy grabbed him in one arm and Blaise in the other, and led them outside.

"Draco, I'm so sorry about this but Blaise is feeling quite sick. I need to take him home."

"Sorry mate", Blaise sputtered.

"Don't worry about it, it's fine. Feel better."

They all walked to a safe spot so they could apparate, Pansy holding onto Blaise tightly. Draco had spent the last half hour chugging water, so he felt confident enough that he'd be fine to go home.

Once he arrived, he took a hangover potion and headed up to his room. Go figure that he would end his birthday alone. Technically, it wasn't his birthday anymore, but he didn't count it as no longer being his birthday until he went to sleep. It was 2am, it was still early, and Draco felt extremely lonely.

Looking into his overnight bag, he was trying to see if he had one of Harry's shirts to make him feel better. Pulling one out with a grin, the card Harry had written him fell out. Draco had never opened it, and settled on the floor to do so.

The card was absolutely stunning. The front was a dark blue, covered in constellations, with Draco's twinkling the brightest. Opening the card, two things fell out. One was a letter, and the other was a copy of the photo collage Harry had printed on the inside front cover. Draco cast a quiet "Lumos" so he could read what was written on the right hand side of the card. He laughed as he began to read the horrible space themed pickup lines.

"Happy birthday my Prince, I hope your day is as bright as the lanterns we released.

Are you the moon? Because even when it's dark you still seem to shine.

I never liked astronomy, but now I want to memorize all of the constellations in your eyes.

I think you might be a star, because I can't stop orbiting around you.

If I had a star for every time you brightened my day, I'd have a galaxy in my hand.

You must be the North Star, because the light around you guided me here.

You must be blue, because you're the hottest star around right now.

Your smile must be a black hole, nothing can escape its pull.

If a star fell for every time I thought of you, the sky would be empty.

I think we may have been transported to the surface of Mercury, because things became unbelievably hot when you walked into the room.

Are you a black hole? Because you keep pulling me in.

If an asteroid hit earth right now, you are the last thing I would ever want to see.

I hope these made you as happy as you make me sweetheart.

Love,

Your Scarhead x"

Merlin, Draco absolutely adored Harry. Now, it was time to read the letter. He opened the letter, and as his eyes began to skim the pages, he began to understand why Harry wanted him to read it in private. It was intense, and Draco could no longer fight off his urge to see Harry.