Chapter 64

When Harry woke up the next morning, it was to a tapping sound at Draco's window. Untangling himself from his grumpy Draco, he was surprised to see Scarhead Jr with a letter for him. Unrolling the parchment, there were actually two, the first being from Kreacher explaining that the second letter from McGonagall was marked as important so he sent it along.

As he was looking through everything, Scarhead made himself comfortable by landing next to Draco and cuddling with him.

"At least one Scarhead likes to cuddle in the mornings", he muttered, ruffling Scarhead's feathers. "How are you doing little buddy?"

"Sorry Prince, Kreacher sent him with a letter from McGonagall that's marked as important."

"I wonder if I got one too? Let me check."

Before he could get up, Scarhead Jr hooted and flew towards the door. Waving his hand, Harry opened it, and Scarhead flew out. He returned a few moments letter with a letter for Draco as well.

"You deserve an extra treat for that one", Draco cooed.

If an owl could look proud, this one sure did.

"He's absolutely precious Draco."

"I have good taste in men, what can I say?"

Scarhead Jr hooted in agreement and went to eat his treats. Harry sat on the bed next to Draco so that they could open their letters together. After taking a deep breath, because anything marked as important probably wasn't good, they opened their letters to find the exact same thing, verbatim except for their names.

"Dear Mr. Malfoy,

As per our discussed arrangement, I'm inviting both you and Mr. Potter to Hogwarts early for a week. If you choose to accept, it would be from the 22nd of August to the 28th. While I prefer the both of you decide to go to become accustomed to your living arrangements, the invitation stands either way. I know it isn't easy being back due to your past, so this is another reason why I am putting forth an invitation.

If you're worried about shopping for school supplies, I can either accompany you or acquire everything for you both. This is the first item of business you'll both have to discuss as you must agree. You two will be working as a unit. You seemed to have gotten along well at our last meeting, so I do hope you keep it up.

I hate to say this to you, but the future of Hogwarts depends on this year going well. If the two of you can put aside your differences, I have hope that everyone else can too.

Your room can be altered to your liking, which we will discuss once you return. I would also like your opinion on the rooming situation of the rest of our 8th years. This will also be discussed in person. I'm sorry that once again there is a lot riding on the both of you. I wouldn't ask this of you if I wasn't sure you could handle it.

Remember that you can come to me with any and all issues. Please write back with your answers as soon as you read this so I can make the necessary preparations.

Take care,

Minerva McGonagall"

Once Draco finished reading the letter aloud, he turned to look at Harry.

"Yes."

Draco grinned at the thought of actually getting to live with Harry.

"We have a week left of our summer then. We'll have to make the most of it."

Harry nodded in agreement.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm just going to miss being able to kiss you all of the time."