Chapter 54

{4161 words. Buckle up friends, you're in for an experience. I put a lot of hours into this chapter so I hope you all enjoy it. Lots of love, ~ J}

Harry woke up before Draco did, so he decided to surprise him. He whipped up some chocolate waffles, bacon, and fruit, and brought it up to the bedroom accompanied with some apple juice.

"Time to wake up sweetheart", Harry cooed.

"What time is it?", Draco whispered groggily.

"Half past 9."

Draco was wide awake now, quickly sitting upright.

"Oh shoot. I was supposed to be up an hour ago for you. We need to leave at 11 and I didn't go get breakfast-"

"I made breakfast for us, in bed. You've been doing a lot of planning, so it's the least I can do."

Draco beamed at the sight of Harry holding two trays of breakfast. Getting up, he grabbed one and flipped the covers so Harry could come back in.

"Merlin, I love you. It's your birthday weekend and you're taking care of me."

"It's just breakfast. You have the whole day."

"I have to petrify you to get you to do nothing don't I?

"Probably. I think if I try hard enough I could get out of it. Eat up and then we can get dressed and you can tell me where we're going."

"I'll just tell you now. I'm taking you to an amusement park. I've never been to one and I figured you hadn't either. I figured we could experience one together.

The pizza in this state is apparently to die for, but I guess we'll see. I do need your help with something though. Pansy got me this concealer foundation thing. I used it once before and it worked really well. Could you help me cover up the mark?"

"Of course I will."

"Thank you."

After breakfast, they got changed and Harry very tenderly covered up the mark, but not before kissing it.

"Why do you always do that? It's so awful and hideous."

"It's a part of who you are, and I accept that. Not every scar can be as cool as the one on my forehead you know", Harry joked.

"Yes because it's so sexy having the remnants of the killing curse embedded into your body forever."

"For the first half of my life I thought it came from a car accident. I'll take what I can get. If it bothers you though, I'll stop."

"It doesn't bother me at all, it's... nice... actually. I just thought it would bother you."

"If it bothered me I wouldn't do it at all. Now, let's get some sunscreen on that pretty face of yours shall we?"

With a smile, Harry carefully applied sunscreen to Draco's face.

"Absolutely stunning", he thought.

"You do remember I can hear you right?"

Harry cleared his throat and looked away.

"Of course I do. I was merely attempting to seduce you completely on purpose."

"Hold on, come here. There's something I've been meaning to try."

Placing a hand on Harry's shoulder that was covered by his shirt, Draco directly sent thoughts towards him. Harry had absolutely no clue what was going on.

"Did you get any of that?"

"Not a word."

"Okay so I was right. We can only share thoughts if it's skin on skin contact. That's strangely reassuring."