Chapter 36

Harry and Draco were in the car now, and Harry needed to keep his eyes on the road, and not Draco. He was laughing with his head out the window, much like a dog, but it was quite endearing.

"What are you smiling at?", Draco asked, bringing his head back into the car.

"You."

"I don't get out much", Draco said defensively.

"I think it's absolutely adorable. I'll take you for a ride any time you want."

"That's good. I like to ride lots of things", Draco flirted.

"Like broomsticks? We should play a Seeker's match soon! I haven't ridden a broom since... you know."

Draco huffed as Harry dismissed his attempt at flirting.

"I think I've already found what I've been seeking", he tried again.

"Oh? Like what?", Harry asked, feigning confusion.

As Draco sputtered, Harry lightly grabbed his hand with a teasing smile.

"You're adorable when you're flustered. Do you know that?"

"Then you must think I'm adorable all of the time", Draco said confidently.

"That I do darling."

Draco flushed as Harry agreed.

"You confuse me endlessly, do you know that?", Harry asked.

"Well so do you!"

Shaking his head, Harry dropped Draco's hand to turn up the music. Huffing, Draco turned it back down.

"You can't tune me out with the radio."

"Is that a challenge?"

"How am I confusing you?"

Sighing, Harry pulled off the road, parked, and turned his hazards on so he could look at Draco while he spoke to him.

"You flirt with me and I don't flirt back, you turn up the charm. I flirt back or I tease and then you get all flustered. I don't know how to react."

"That makes two of us. I'm just very flustered after last night."

"I'm not going to stop being your friend because you got a little overzealous Draco. I haven't lost respect for you in any way."

"Promise?", Draco asked weakly.

He absolutely hated being open with his feelings like this.

"Cross my heart. If anything, I have more respect for you", Harry commented, pulling back onto the road.

"How so?"

"You were able to fit all of that arse into those tight pants", he replied with a sultry wink.

Draco smacked Harry on the shoulder for that one.

"I should get myself a pair of pulling pants shouldn't I?", Harry mused.

"Be careful what you wish for."

Draco then turned the music up, excited because Our Song by Taylor Swift was on.

"I was riding shotgun with my hair undone in the front seat of his car", he sang.

Harry laughed at the irony of the song. Draco's hair was windswept and he was in love with the messy look. Draco's glamour consisted of blue eyes and sandy brown hair. Harry definitely missed looking at Draco's silver eyes that he had come to know and love.

After the song was done, Draco had a sudden thought.

"Hey Scarhead?"

"Our song can be Ghosts", he replied with an eyeroll.

"That wasn't my question, but okay, good to know. I actually have a few."

"Not surprising. You're very curious."

"You say it like it's a bad thing."

"Curiosity killed the cat."

"Who killed a cat?", Draco asked horrified.

"Muggle saying."

"About killing cats?! Who would do such a thing?"

"My cousin, probably. What was your question?"

"Questions", Draco corrected.

Harry rolled his eyes goodnaturedly.

"You're wearing a glamour. Do you use a different name?"

"Evan."

"I was expecting James."

"Exactly. That would be too predictable."

"How did you come up with that?"

"My mother's maiden name was Evans. I dropped the s."

"I suppose I should have one as well. Drake absolutely disgusts me. Don't even think about it. Does Luke sound bad? A variation of Lucius that's not too detestable."

"Luke from 5SOS is also hot. I approve."

Draco flushed slightly at the compliment.

"Have I mentioned how well that man bun suits you?"

It had been a battle for Draco to win Harry over onto his side. He argued with him for over 10 minutes back and forth until Harry agreed just to shut Draco up. The glamour would come off on the ride home anyway.

He had not agreed to the photos Draco had taken of him. With teasing Draco being his number one goal, he made sure to tilt his head and move his shoulders in the right way so that the mark he had left would be present in certain photos.

It drove Draco crazy knowing that he was the one who did that to Harry, and Harry wasn't even bothering to try and hide it. It was hard to stay on task when he was so openly flaunting it, not a care in the world. Harry deserved to have no cares in the world, so Draco allowed himself to be teased. This time. He swore revenge to himself on the car ride, bringing us back to the present moment.

"Be happy I like you enough to let you do this to me."

"According to your birthday card, you love me."

"Eh, you're alright."

"That's why you told the store worker I was your boyfriend?"

Amusement played across Draco's features as Harry's mouth dropped open in an o shape. He had completely forgotten that he had done that.

Recovering quickly, Harry retorted with, "we're husbands, remember?"

This quick witted, playful side of Harry was one Draco still had to get used to. He adored it, though he would probably never tell Harry that. Some things needed to remain a secret.

"So we'll be downgraded to boyfriends for our outing today. What a shame."

"It'll keep people away from me which is a plus. And you're not horrible company either."

"There's the Potter I've come to know and tolerate."

"You like our old banter where you have to glean the compliment. Got it."

Draco just turned up the music, a smile playing at the edges of his mouth that he didn't hide well enough from Harry. Harry felt his resolve crumble just that much further, but it was worth it for the chance to finally be happy.