Chapter 20

The thought of returning back to Hogwarts had sent Harry into another place mentally. Draco could tell he was losing him.

"Potter, you mentioned that the Weasleys had a lovely garden. Would you show it to me?"

After looking to Molly for permission, Harry nodded and got up from the table, Draco following close behind.

"If you have normal paper, that's easier to work with when learning origami. I'll show you once we're back in."

With that last statement, Draco followed Harry outside, immediately grabbing his hand.

"Is there a nice tree out here?"

"Thought you wanted the garden?"

Draco shrugged so Harry detoured towards the back of the property. Wrinkling his nose, Draco sat down and pulled Harry into his lap,leaning back into the tree.

"You looked like you needed some air, and I didn't think you wanted anyone getting the wrong impression about us. I also don't want them thinking they can hug me all the time. Sounds positively horrible being open and affectionate like that."

Harry laughed quietly, and further leaned into Draco.

"We can talk about Hogwarts more when we get back to yours okay? For now, just know that you're okay and I've got you. Just take some deep breaths and watch the clouds."

After a few minutes Harry was feeling better.

"Let's head back before they think we're snogging out here."

"Was that an option?", Draco asked teasingly.

He dodged Harry's weak hit and grabbed his hand until the house came back into view.

"Molly, your roses are absolutely wonderful. Mother grows some as well. They're her favorites, the yellow ones specifically."

"I adore the orange ones", Molly replied.

"I like sunflowers."

"For some reason that's not surprising at all Potter."

"You?"

"I'm partial to calla lilies actually. They're very delicate, but also sophisticated."

"Oi, we've got the paper!", Fred yelled.

The rest of the night was spent with laughter, much how teenagers should be spending their summer nights. Draco wondered if this was how normal people grew up. For a moment, he allowed himself to pretend that this was his normal every day life.

As they sat down for cake, Harry was doing much better. While watching Draco laugh with Harry's family, he was hoping this would be his new normal. All he wanted was for the people he cared about to accept each other. He hadn't dared to hope it would go this well, but Draco Malfoy was just full of surprises.

"Harry, this cake is wonderful dear!"

"Thank you. Neville helped, and Malfoy with the filling."

"Oh please all I did was chop the fruit. It wasn't anything amazing."

"Soon enough you'll be a pro in the kitchen. Bring Neville along next time too Harry. I do miss my house being loud and busy."

"I'll pass along the invitation."

"Wonderful. I bet you're both tired. I'll pack up some leftovers for you both to take home, and I'll let you be on your way."

Draco immediately went into the kitchen to help.

"Thank you Mrs. Weasley again for having me. I had one of the best evenings that I've had in years, probably my whole life actually."

"Don't be a stranger dear. You're always welcome here Draco."