Stranded

Ree was utterly drenched in seawater. Her teeth clattered from the cold and all she could taste and smell was the salt. The waves seemed to have calmed down only making light splashing sounds against the wreckage. Kylo had gotten up from his sitting position, indicating that he was somehow fine, Rey must have worked some Force-magic, Ree figured. Ky was standing at the edge of the platform looking out towards where the sea met the sky. His black locks were wet and slicked back, his cape looked more like a wet blanket than a majestic cape. 

The former Head technician kept her distance, he looked like he was deep in thought. Dropping the lightsaber as he had done in the battle wasn't something the power-hungry Supreme Leader did. But at the same his mother had just died, just to reach out to him.

It took her by surprise when he turned towards her. Though his gaze wasn't on her but rather something closer. His lips were moving like he was talking to the air. Ree wished so badly that she could hear what he was saying but she knew he needed to take his own time. All she managed to pick up was the last few words, "I know what I have to do but I don't know if I have the strength to do it." This wasn't the first time those words had left his lips, he had said it before, to his father, before he killed him.

Kylo raised his lightsaber in his hand and with a sudden twist, he turned towards the sea and tossed the lightsaber into the ocean.

A gasp escaped Ree's lips, both out of surprise and relief. It didn't take a genius to know what this meant.

---

Ky kept looking out towards the sea, contemplating what he had just done, he couldn't believe his own actions. He was so deep in thoughts that he nearly jumped into the ocean when Ree came up behind him.

"I always hated that thing," She uttered as she looked towards the sea bottom, somewhere down there laid the powerful blade that Kylo had wielded for so long.

"You were always jealous of it," he argued, still keeping his gaze afar.

"Pfft," she scoffed, "it had the technical complexity of a fan."

"Shut up."

"Make me." Those words made the raven-haired turn towards her, a twinkle appeared in her eyes that were the same colour as the ocean surrounding them. A wave of relief rushed over him. How she still managed to love him baffled him. His reply was a gentle kiss planted on her lips, not out of lust but out of longing. He almost burst into tears as she returned the action. Ree's hands in his locks were a welcoming feeling and he carefully moved his thumb up to her jaw almost afraid as if he were to touch her she would break.

When their lips eventually parted, she breathed, "I've missed this, Ky." Her words made him look down making her eyebrows knit together, "did I do something?"

"It's just," his voice was shaky, saying it out loud would make it so official, "Kylo Ren's gone, so there's no Ky anymore. just Ben." 

"Well," a mischievous tone dance on her lips, "if Ben's this good of a kisser, I guess he'll do." He laughed in relief and celebrated with another kiss combined with a tight embrace. He didn't want to let go. Their paths had been divided for so long and now they had finally entwined again. 

---

The TIE-fighter Kylo and Ree had used to get to Kef Bir was now being used as fuel for the giant bonfire Rey created. Hot tears streamed down her face as she continued throwing logs of wood into the fire. The peaceful island of Ach-To was now the place Rey had decided she would spend the rest of her life at as she burned, her only option to get away, down to the ground.