Lust For Power

The Wampa milk was tasteless, the cereal soggy. Ree kept her gaze fixed at the bowl of disgusting mush in front of her, not daring to look up at the man sitting in front of her. She played with the cereal, trying to make figures of it. Kylo focused on eating the porridge in front of him. The sound of the spoon hitting the bottom of the ceramic bowl filled the room, otherwise, it was a suffocating silence.

Ultimately, the tension became too much for Keelor. She rose up from her seat and went to the wardrobe and started putting on her uniform. She stood with her back facing the kitchen as she started removing her nightclothes. When she took off her tank top Kylo witnessed her scars. The Master of the Knights of Ren couldn't even count them, there was too many spread across her back, vertically, horizontally, diagonally. It was his fault for their existence, he thought. If he would have gotten there earlier, if he just would've stayed then he could've prevented it. It was just above 'making Ree afraid me' on the list of things he hated himself for.

After the Commander had put on her uniform, made up by a double-breasted blazer with a high neck and the First Order insignia on her arm. The blazer was accompanied by high waisted black pants and sturdy Chelsea boots. With lightsaber at her hip, she headed for the door. "Bye," Ree mumbled as she was about to press the button that would make the door open.

"No, wait." For the first time, Ren lifted his gaze from the bowl. He rose from his spot next to the kitchen table and walked over to Ree. Still wearing his nightclothes consisting of a black shirt and sweatpants. "You know I would never hurt you?"

"I know." Her eyes were fixed at the ground, "it's just that I've never seen you so..."

"So...?"

"So angry, no... So scared." Ree managed to look into his brown eyes, trying to register how he was feeling if calling him scared made him mad.

"I was. Still am." He looked at something in the distance.

"For what?" The blonde moved closer, wanting him to feel safe.

"The Girl." The Master of the Knights of Ren's voice quivered and goosebumps spread across his body.

"Why? I saw her, she's a nobody. Probably thought that helping the traitor would be her way out of that sandbox of a planet." Her words made him pinch the bridge of his nose.

"If she is who I think she is," Kylo gathered himself before continuing, "then she's dangerous." Ree laughed at Kylo's seriousness.

"What? She was fighting with a stick, I think we can manage her." How could a mere scavenger be dangerous to two of the most powerful people in the galaxy?

"I've seen her. In my Force visions." For the second time, Ree saw that look of terror in Kylo's eyes. She regretted having laughed, twice the look of fright in his eyes, not a good sign.

"What's a Force vision?"

"It's like a dream but it shows the past and the future. And I saw her."

"What did she do?" Keelor asked and swallowed a big lump, seeing Kylo this scared made her uneasy. The room had gone cold and strange, not familiar but instead like a trap.

"I was lying down on the ground and she was holding a lightsaber, pacing back and forth in front of me. Then I felt something warm running down my cheek and when I touched my face, I felt blood. The girl was still pacing and she looked at me..." Kylo trailed off, trying to hold back the tears. She placed her arms around her love, making circles with her thumb on his shoulder.

"It's okay, Ky. You don't have to keep it in when it's just us." She assured and Kylo nodded in response and let a few tears run down his cheeks. His eyes were now glossy and his rosy lips were quivering. Kylo took a deep breath so he could continue what he was saying.