Pasaana

The fall was short. Only a Wookie's height before Ree hit the ground. Even though the ground was rather soft she groaned at the pain. Her back was already sore from carrying around all that extra weight and the fall through the sinking fields hadn't exactly helped. "Shit," she huffed as messaged her back.

"Can you get off?" The words made her nearly jump up out of surprise, the soft ground had talked back.

Under her was the pilot. His landing didn't seem to have been as soft and it certainly didn't help to get a pregnant woman in his lap. "Sorry," she muttered before sliding off his thighs. Thank god that the tunnel system they were in was dark so that the pilot couldn't see her red cheeks.

Everyone in the group had made it safely through the sinking fields and quickly regathered in the dark tunnels. "What is this place?" Finn asked as he brushed off the dirt from his clothes.

"This isn't the afterlife, is it?" 3PO asked worriedly, "are droids allowed here?"

"I thought we were goners," Poe stated.

"We might still be." Everyone ignored the golden droid.

"How do we get out?" Keelor asked. Rey answered by igniting her blue lightsaber for some light. Ree followed suit igniting her white one. Poe ignited his flashlight.

"We have to hurry," Rey instructed.

The group started walking through the tunnels, without a clear goal in mind. "I do not wanna know what made these tunnels," the pilot spoke.

"Judging by the circumference of the tunnel walls-" 3PO started but was quickly cut of by Ree.

"You know, I could probably install a mute button on him."

"I'm considering actually allowing it," Poe answered. The tiniest bit of common ground between them was their distaste for the droid.

"What's that?" Finn grabbed everyone's attention, ahead of them was a dusty wreck.

"A speeder?"

"An old one," Rey walked closer, inspecting it.

"Perhaps we will find the driver." 3PO was optimistic but BB-8 beeped something else.

"Yep, BB-8, I think dead too." Poe agreed with the circular droid.

"Oh, my. A hex charm." The golden droid finally said something useful.

"A what?" Dameron asked.

"A common emblem of Sith loyalists." The droid explained.

"This was Ochi's?" Finn wondered.

"Luke sensed it," the scavenger explained, "Ochi never left this place." Ree cracked her neck in discomfort, something in the Force was ticking her off.

"And he ended up down here," the former stormtrooper concluded.

"He was headed for his ship," Poe speculated, "same thing happened to us, happened to him."

"How did Ochi get out?" Finn asked the question on everyone's mind.

"He didn't." Rey shined her lightsaber at a corpse in front of them.

"Bones," Poe sounded as if he was about to throw up, "I don't like bones."

"Queasy, are we?" Ree asked and got a mindful look from the scavenger.

Another beep came from BB-8, he pointed towards something in the sand, "yeah, I see it," Rey answered as she knelt down next to the chubby droid and picked up something from the ground.