Trembling Hands

Ree sat down on the soft floor of the training area, sweating like a pig and breathing heavily. Today, Kylo had been teaching her takedowns and therefore throwing her all over the room. The Master of the Knights of Ren was standing up, stretching out his muscles. To Ree, Kylo seemed like a superhuman. He never wanted to take a break and Ree was always the one who was on the verge of throwing up. She longed for the day that the two would fight as equals.

"Sir?" Ree said and Kylo flicked away a strand of hair so he could have a clearer view of Ree.

"Yes?" Kylo looked down at Ree, noticing how loose and messy her blonde ponytail had gotten from basically slamming her down into the floor.

"What's Ilum?" That question had been on Ree's mind ever since their meeting with Snoke. At first Kylo had looked away, seemingly not wanting to answer the question.

"It's an ice planet in the unknown regions." Kylo's answered vaguely and Ree understood that he wasn't letting on everything.

"Then why do you want to send me there?" Ree rose up from the floor and stared desperately into Kylo dark eyes. Kylo fell under the pressure of Ree's ice blue eyes staring into his honey brown eyes. She had won the non-verbal battle and Kylo sighed in defeat.

"It's the only place where you can find kyber crystals." Kylo let her come to the conclusion.

"Kyber crystals? Why would I need..." Ree trailed off when she realised the answer to her own question, "to make a lightsaber."

"Exactly. But first, you'll have to succeed with your mission." Kylo quickly changed the subject,  "let's get back to training." Ree nodded and they went back to Kylo slamming Ree into the ground and then Ree trying to do it to Kylo. Though, all Ree could think of was the realisation of it all. Soon, she would have her own lightsaber and know all the ways she could use the force. Soon, she would be able to take down anyone who would try to hurt her.

---

Ree had still not adjusted to the loneliness of her own room. She hadn't seen or heard anything of Tylan since their fight and all she longed for right now was someone else's company. As the clock neared midnight and with Ree still awake, frustrated, she rose out of bed. The jacket, pants and shoes from earlier were thrown on the metal floor and lazily Ree put them on over her pyjamas to go to the cafeteria.

Ree squinted while trying to adjust from her pitch dark room to the bright lights of the hallway. She dragged her feet behind her, the only thing making her go forward was the thought of some warm wampa milk.

The female tried yanking open the door to the cafeteria but it wouldn't budge but luckily for her, she had eight years experience of engineering in her back pocket. The control panel next to the door needed a four-digit code but that didn't matter to Ree. She used one of her hair clips to screw loose the control panel. Any normal person would only see a web of red, blue and yellow wires but Ree saw a puzzle, an easy one. By reconnecting some of the wires, she made the door swoosh open and she could easily stride into the dark lit cafeteria.

She started going through the refrigerator for some of that sweet wampa milk but she found none. Instead, she settled for an Almakian apple, eating always made her sleepy. As Ree started walking out of the cafeteria, she was stopped by a man. "Miss Keelor?" General Hux asked with his always judgy voice.

"General Hux," Ree said between chewing.

"What are you doing in the cafeteria in the middle of the night?" As Hux talked, Ree could only think about how he always raised his nose up and wrinkled his brows every time he talked to her as if she smelled as bad as the cafeteria food.