A Circular Path

Lie upon lie, fight after fight, cracks in the surface were beginning to appear, enlightened light was trickling down below the dark surface. The dark bottom where Ree had walked for so long was beginning to light up, and it was a dark path she had wandered. Yet, she continued wandering it.

The Commander lied down on the bed, the side of her head hitting the pillow but she wasn't tired. Just exhausted. She didn't even know if she could react with anger anymore, it had been done. They got angry at each other, giving the other dirty looks and nasty comments until they both didn't have the energy to stay mad anymore and then realized that it was so much better when they weren't mad with each other. Then repeat the cycle. The dark path wasn't linear, it was circular.

---

Kylo's footsteps back to his chambers were heavy. As soon as he stepped into his chambers, he started walking on nails. Afraid that one step too heavy would make the wrath of Keelor rain down on him. He hoped that he swiftly could escape into his man cave, a room he did not let Ree into. 

As quiet as he could, he sneaked towards the door to the man cave. But before he could slide the door open, he felt the burning gaze on his back. He couldn't just completely ignore her. With a mental sigh, he looked over his shoulders, expecting a fuming woman to be standing there. Instead, he saw a pile of limbs on the bed, half-lying half-sitting in the bed. Her eyes weren't filled with hatred. If anything they were riddled with confusion. The guilt inside Ren grew, she couldn't even be mad at him anymore.

The guilty dog escaped into the safe haven that was his doghouse. He went over to a control board, tapping away, but not really tapping in anything important. He was just trying to distract his mind from thinking about how awful he was. How he had continued going behind Ree's back. Curiosity was too great for him to resist, and it was curiosity that would be the end of him. Because if he didn't have Ree, what did he really have? The galaxy, sure. But what was ruling when you didn't have the person you loved by your side?

When Kylo had for a fleeting moment looked at Keelor, she had noticed everything but the look on his face. His wind-blown hair, dust particles on his clothes and small cuts on his face. There was dried blood on his temple. He seemed to have been in a fight. But her mind didn't think anything more of it. Because the second she saw the dried blood it had come to a halt. Blood. Everyone bleeds. But women do it regularly. That is, most often, a regular occurrence. 

The screen in front of Kylo showed some charts. The Supreme Leader was successful in his task of distracting his own mind. So successful that he didn't hear movement outside the room. Doors closing and opening. Drawers being smashed shut. Nothing could grab his attention from the screen in front of him.

Ree's mind was racing away. She was looking for proof, proof that her thought wasn't true. That she must have discounted, forgotten a time. But the more she searched, after a pair of bloody underwear, hygiene products, anything that could prove she had bled in the last month, the more her thought became reality. Slowly, the Commander backed away from the bathroom cabinets, covering her mouth in disbelief.

The Master of the Knights of Ren was deep into his searching, the more he clicked around, the more he trailed away from his initial search. Right then, he was reading an article about The Yuuzhan Vong, a sentient species who were responsible for nearly wiping out the New Republic during-

Kylo's reading was cut short by the sound of the door to his mancave sliding open. He looked over his shoulder, seeing Ree standing in the doorframe. He turned around fully, leaving the Yuuzhan Vong for later reading.

He looked her up and down, trying to find her motive. The Supreme Leader reasoned that she wouldn't talk to him for at least a month but there she was, standing in the doorframe. With an unreadable face. "I- I'm so-" he started, even though he knew his apologies could never make up for his actions but he was cut off by the platinum blonde.