Respect Your Superiors

This next morning, Ree was much more prepared. She had put on an alarm, waking her up an hour and a half before training. She kissed the still sleeping Tylan goodbye and walked back to her quarters but this time she was in no rush and also remembered to bring a pair of shoes. Though her outfit looked a bit funny, sleep wear and boots.

When she got back to her place she took the clothes that she picked out yesterday and headed to the communal bathrooms. This early no one else was up so she had the bathroom all to herself. Ree washed her hair, brushed her teeth and put up her hair in a ponytail. The outfit she had picked out was identical to the one she wore yesterday. There wasn't much variety in her new closet. She looked at the wall clock, 20 minutes left. Good, she thought and headed back to her quarters to drop off her sleep wear and then it was off to training.

When she got to the training area, Keelor realised her Master wasn't there yet. Perfect, now I'll be able to impress him, she figured and started warming up. Doing some jumping jacks and sit ups to warm up but in the middle of the warm up, the door moved open, revealing Kylo Ren.

At first, Kylo had just stood there, surprised that she was here before him and there was still ten minutes left until 6 but soon enough he moved into the room. Ree stood up from her sit up position while trying to hide the smug face of confidence.

"Just thought I could use the time to warm up, sir," the apprentice expressed while stretching out her arms.

"Good, then let's get started." Ren moved to the wall with sticks. In one fast motion he took down one of the long sticks and threw it at her. Surprising both herself and Kylo, she caught it perfectly with one hand.

"Sticks? Really?" Ree asked, kind of disappointed that they would use sticks.

"Yes. You have no experience fighting so you have to start somewhere," he argued while grabbing a stick for himself and walking towards her.

"Then let's start with something cool, like blasters or knives!" Yesterday she had impressed herself by hitting a bull's eye and kicking the head off a dummy, and now she was going to be fighting with a stick. Kylo had moved up closer to her and without any warning, he punched the end of the stick into Ree's stomach. She lost her air and bent over to catch her breath. He took that opportunity and used the stick to sweep her feet off the floor and she landed right on her back.

"What was that?!" She exclaimed, he hadn't given her a chance to defend herself.

"We'll move onto cooler stuff when you can do that. Now get up and fight!" Kylo didn't like using the word cooler, it sounded childish to him. Ree brushed off some dust and rose from the floor, using the stick to push herself up from the floor.

"Don't hold back," She spat grabbing the stick with both her hands while changing into a fighting position. 

The two were at it, they both tried to overpower the other and Kylo was clearly holding back. If he didn't she wouldn't have had a chance. Many times, Ree fell to the floor but the Master of the Knights of Ren always remained standing.

---

It was getting close to midday and Ree could nearly hear her stomach yelling at her to eat something. She was getting fatigue and sloppy. Out of nowhere, Kylo managed to knock the stick out of her hand and she had to fight without a weapon. She ducked from his swings and jumped over his attempt to sweep her feet. He brought up his foot and kicked her in the stomach making her once again fall and land on her back.

Kylo towered above the defeated while she was trying to reach for her stick on the ground that was out of just out of reach. Growing impatient at her puny attempts of reaching the stick, he raised his stick high in the air and then swung it down at her. Ree only had milliseconds to react but luckily she did. She focused on the stick and with the help of the Force, the stick flew into her hand and she could parry his stick just before it was about to smack her unconscious.