Salty End

The darkness slowly faded away and was replaced with a young man's face, it was fair, with dark long hair, dark eyes, prominent nose, plump lips. Those lips, so soft and sweet, lips that Ree had tasted many times. She would recognize them anywhere, "Ky?" She mumbled as she rubbed the back of her head. A warm sticky substance was left on her hand.

"Ree, are you okay?" The worry in his eyes, something bad had happened. She realized that she was laying down "slowly," with help from Kylo she rose into a sitting position. When she sat up she got a chance to look around.

The room they were in was lit on fire in several places, the backdrop of space could be seen, a lot of ships out there were also burning. There was a chair in the room, no, not a chair, a throne. In front of it, a dead body which had been sliced in half, not just any corpse, the body of Snoke. Then, it all came rushing back to Ree, Kylo killing Snoke, the fight with guards, a crying Rey, the tug of war with the lightsaber, then darkness. As it all came back to her, she found herself quite surprised that Kylo wasn't on fire with anger but instead quiet and worried, "shouldn't you be pissed off?" She asked as she tried to rub away her headache, some bloodstain was left on her temple.

"I'm more concerned with you," Ky hummed as he carefully dipped the blonde's head forward to see the damage on the back of her head, "you had a bad landing. You're gonna need stitches-" The caring whispers of Ky was cut off by a not so gentle red-head.

"What happened?" Hux gritted between his teeth, Ree hadn't noticed the presence of the General standing off to the side of the throne, looking down at the dead Supreme Leader. Ren quickly looked at his love, both to make sure that she was okay with him leaving his side and a nod that said, 'I'll handle this'.

"The girl murdered Snoke," the Master of the Knights of Ren explained as he rose from his crouching position next to Ree.

"Where is she?" Ree called out from the floor, the throbbing of the head combined with all the bright lights made it nearly impossible for her to look.

"She took Snoke's escape craft," the redhead snarled. He was not at all pleased by the situation.

"We know where she's going," Kylo's answer was distant. He had walked up to the big window looking out over the First Order's burning fleet. As he turned around to look at the General and the Commander still on the floor, he took a more serious and present tone, "get all our forces down to that Resistance base. Let's finish this." He walked past Hux towards Ree, as he was about to help her up, he was cut short by a displeased General.

"Finish this?" Hux was clearly offended, "who do you think you're talking to?" He was getting himself worked up,  Ky had continued to help his other half up so that she was standing but had to lean on him for support, "you presume to command my army? Our Supreme Leader is dead! We have no ruler!" Before Hux could get another roar out, a strong grip around his throat was formed using the Force.

While still holding one arm around Ree's waist, Kylo had extended his free arm so that he could Force-choke Hux. The General was down on his knees as his lungs quickly filled with carbon dioxide. "Yes, we do," the Commander hummed as she looked up at her dearest, a smile spreading across her lips.

"Long live the Supreme Leader." Hux managed to say between his gasps for air.

"Long live the Supreme Leader," the woman hummed into Kylo's raven locks.

Commander Keelor and the newly appointed Supreme Leader stumbled away into the elevator. Injuries could be dealt with later, right then, they had a scavenger to catch.

---

Crait. Even the air in the Command shuttle tasted salty. The ground, covered with a white layer of salt over the red soil. This was the first time in who knew how long, that humans had visited the planet and it had now become the last hideout spot for the remains of the Resistance. The old speeders used by the rebel scums looked like they were going to fall into pieces any second. They would be no match for the walkers, AT-ATs and TIE-fighters, Ree was sure of it. "Thirteen incoming light craft," Hux noted as the rusty speeders were approaching the heavy battery of the First Order. "Shall we hold until we clear them?"