Awakened

The sound of Ree's boots hitting the floor echoed through the halls of Starkiller Base. Tylan's steps were much lighter as he walked next to her. They both carried a box of tools, Tylan's much lighter since he was just 12 years old. Ree walked with confidence. She had tied her grey overall with orange details at her waist, revealing her white tank top under, clearly breaking dress code. She was showing way too much skin and not bearing a visible First Order symbol but she didn't care, she was Head technician after all, and sweaty. At her waist she had an orange tool belt and on her feet a pair of sturdy black boots.

Tylan wore a similar outfit but he wore it as it was intended. With his brown eyes he looked up at his superior with curiosity. He longed for the day that he would no longer be an apprentice and instead become Head technician. "So, what are we gonna fix today?" He asked with eagerness.

"There's been an issue with the cooling system in hall C, as you may notice," Ree explained as she gestured at her outfit. They walked through a door and into another section of the hall. She crouched down to a panel close to the floor and started unscrewing it. Tylan helped her and soon they could remove the panel. Under it was a blue cooling tank. The short strands of her blonde hair kept falling in her face so she brushed them behind her ears. "Watch and learn, kid." Tylan started taking mental notes. The head technician showed her apprentice how to remove the broken cooling tank and insert a new one. "Now, I just have to go to the control room and reboot it. Wait here." She stood up and walked to the control room which was just a bit further down the hall through a door.

It took her a second to find the right button to press. She was interrupted by distant voices coming from the hall. Out of curiosity, Ree walked out of the control room and into the hall, finding Tylan pressed up against the wall by a middle aged man and two other men in the same age, cheering on.

"Ya think you're smarter than us, kid? Just because she chose you as her apprentice?" The stranger pressed the young boy harder against the wall.

"I never said that!" Tylan exclaimed while trying to get out of the man's grip.

"But ya meant it!" One of the bully's friends piped in.

"Well maybe your attitude will change after I give ya a real good whacking," The bully expressed making Ree realise what was happening.

"Hey!" She shouted as she started walking fast towards the men. They turned around to see who spoke up. When Ree could see their faces she realised they were all technicians working for her.

"If it isn't Head technician, miss Keelor," The man stated with a mocking tone, the other two started walking towards her. The man speaking continued pressing Tylan up against the wall. 

"If you want to keep your jobs, I suggest you let Tylan down and keep moving," she warned through gritted teeth. The two men were getting real close to her. Although Ree was very stong and muscular built, she had no chance without any weapon to take down two men who were double her age and size.

"And what if we don't?" One of the men asked who were now within arm's reach.

"Then I'll report all three, leading to your termination." She tried to sound tough but she knew those words would not make them change their minds. 

"I think not. C'mon lads, let's have some fun with her, ay?" Suddenly, the man pinned Ree against the wall while the other licked his lips. Opposite of her was Tylan, still pinned up against the wall. The man holding him against the wall raised his fist and hit the young boy right in the face.

"No don't!" The blonde shrieked as her apprentice got beaten up. She could already see a bruise forming on Tylan's dark skin.

"You shouldn't be showing that much skin, darling," the man who was pressing Ree up against the wall spoke. It nearly made her puke at the disgusting way he licked his teeth while saying darling. Ree tried pushing him off but to no avail. The other guy started slipping down one of the tank top's straps, exposing her collarbone, sending cold shivers down her spine.