Breaking New Ground

After Ree's revelation of what the crystal needed, had it only taken two more days for the crystal to finally bleed. The light blue colour of the crystal had turned to a dark red colour. It fitted perfectly into the lightsaber hilt she had built.

She had poured all her knowledge of lightsabers and mechanics into this creation

She had poured all her knowledge of lightsabers and mechanics into this creation. The hilt was made in hypalon rubber with a diamond-shaped pattern to ensure maximum grip. The emitter was protected due to it being six-pronged. But the part she was most proud of was the button on the bottom of it. If you pressed the button a multitool would pop out. It represented the technician side of her.

"Come on, you ancient piece of technology!" In frustration, Ree hit the communication radio. It had probably been there in that cave since the imperial era. Although, no matter how much she wanted to pick it up and throw it across the room, she couldn't. This was her only way to contact the Order so they could send a ship to pick her up.

After endless rewiring and fixing, a static noise emitted from it. Ree desperately turned the knob on the radio, trying to find the right channel. The static noise was starting to blend with the sound of a distant male voice. "Hello?" Ree said while she pressed down the communication button on the radio. 

"He....lo-" It was hard to make out the words but Ree took her chance.

"Yes hello! My name is Ree Keelor. You need to send a ship to Ilum, I've completed my mission." Ree bit her lip, awaiting an answer.

"Who?" The voice was getting clearer.

"Ree Keelor! Operating number SPR-378!" Ree was becoming desperate, the man on the other side sounded doubtful. The man was quiet for a while, probably looking up her in the first Order database.

"It says here that you're head-technician. You should be here in your station." The man was suspicious of her.

"Not anymore! I'm..." Ree was struggling to describe her position, officer? No. Commander? Nopes. "I'm Supreme Leader Snoke's apprentice." At first, there was silence, then the man burst out in laughter.

"Yeah, and I am Kylo Ren's anger management therapist."

"I swear, I really am his apprentice! Ask anyone! Captain Phasma, Kylo Ren, General Hux! I know them!" The man didn't answer Ree but she heard him talking to someone.

"Sir, she says she knows you." Ree heard the man saying.

"This is General Hux, to whom am I speaking?" For the first time ever Ree was relieved to hear the General's voice.

"General Hux! It's me, Ree Keelor!"

"Miss Keelor." Hux's voice went from suspicious to dripping in detest. "And what do you want?"

"I've completed my mission," Ree spoke quickly, wanting to end her conversation with Hux and so that the command shuttle could get here as soon as possible.