Rogue

"General!" Major Temmin Wexley shouted. His legs carried him as fast as they could. He passed officers and workers as he tried to find the General. "General Organa!" He repeated himself trying to get the attention of the General who always seemed to be on the move.

"Yes, Major?" Suddenly, the General peered up from behind a screen, her greying hair was mostly in a low bun but a part of it had been braided around her head, like a halo.

"We-we've," The Major tried to catch his breath as he delivered the important message "picked up something on the radar."

"Isn't it just passing debris?" Commander Rose Tico who was sitting at a screen also looked up from behind it. Her hair was elegantly slicked back and she had two low buns.

"No," the fear in Wexley's eyes told the Generals that they should all be worried, "it's coming right for us. At a dangerous speed."

"How long until collision?" Organa asked, they were out in the open on the Jungle Planet, there wasn't much to hide under. If that was the First Order sending some sort of missile or attack squadron then the misstep wouldn't be why there was no cover but rather how the First Order had managed to find them.

"E-minus 4 minutes and..." Temmin trailed off as he looked at the watch on his wrist, "39 seconds." Both the Major and Commander looked to their General for guidance. This was what it meant to be General, solving problems with the worst circumstances.

"Calculate the landing area and clear out as much as possible," Organa started waking away, she wasn't just going to stand around while everyone else did the heavy lifting, "and be ready to fire back."

---

The alarms going off in the cockpit, bright red lights blinking and the smell of smoke was all enough to fill Ree with anxious adrenaline and a headache that was going to last a week. She was pressing all kinds of buttons, red, blue, black, but nothing seemed to make the planet stop getting closer and closer. Soon the view of space was going to change to a light blue sky as she entered the planet's atmosphere.

She was a technician at heart, she sure had to be able to figure out how to get control of the ship. But at that level of stress, no rational thoughts seemed to come to mind. All she could think about was that she had deprived her unborn child of the possibility of living just because Ree had felt rebellious one day.

The stars quickly disappeared and under the ship, Keelor saw what she feard, clouds and treetops. It wouldn't be long before the wings of the Command Shuttle were completely ripped off by strong branches and vines. All the former Head technician could do was to strap herself to the pilot's seat tightly. The seat belt went over her shoulders, around her round waist and between her legs, all connecting to a disc placed on top of her round stomach. She placed one hand on top of the tummy, the other she kept a tight grip on the seatbelt. Keelor turned her head down, closed her eyes and whispered, "I'm sorry," just before the Command Shuttle crashed into the trees.

---

"E-minus 40 seconds," Wexley called out. He was crouched behind a white crate, holding a blaster in his hands while looking at his watch. Sweat beads were appearing on his temples, he wasn't used to being down on the ground fighting. The Major preferred the battle to be happening up in the clouds. He looked towards his right and left, seeing his comrades also crouched behind whatever they could use as cover. On the other side of the improvised barricade was barren jungle ground. "E-minus 30." The closer down to zero he got, the shakier his voice got.

"Ready yourself!" General Dameron called out from a crate to the Major's left making everyone grip their blasters just a little bit harder.

"E-minus 20." As they all looked up at the sky, they saw a an object appearing through the clouds, a trace of grey smoke came from it.