One With The Force

A vibration. The smallest disturbance in the constant wave of energy. To someone who wasn't Force-sensitive, wouldn't even have noticed the difference, but to Ree, the deterrence made all her muscles tense. Someone was meddling, doing something, not just using the Force, but actually shifting the flow of it. It nagged at her, she desperately wanted to know what was causing it, so she dropped everything she was doing and started following the vibration.

The vibration led her out of her and Kylo's joined chambers. She continued down the hallway, stormtroopers that passed her saluted her but she didn't even notice them. This strange flow of energy consumed her entire focus. Keelor passed the infirmary, only giving it a glance as she reminded herself that she needed to get her stitching redone. After a few more turns and passes, the small vibration had turned the whole Force shaking. Ree only stopped dead in her tracks as she was about to turn into another hallway when she heard a recognizable voice. 

"You'll bring Luke Skywalker to me." It was her lover. He was standing in one where the Force disturbance was coming from. Ree peeked around the corner, ready to brace herself for whoever was there with him. Kylo's back was towards her and in front of him, no one. Her beloved had gone mad, he was talking to the air. "You're not doing this. The effort would kill you." Ren continued the one-way conversation and Ree was keeping herself hidden. "Can you see my surroundings? I can't see yours. Just you. So no. This is something else." Keelor feel her brain burning up in confusion, he seemed to be talking to someone and he could see them but not what was around them? Just as she was about to reveal her presence and ask if he had gone mad, footsteps could be heard. Ky had started walking away from where he came, along with the disturbance in the Force disappearing.

---

It was a tedious lesson. In Ree's hand was a small mirror, she stared at herself until her vision got blurry. The harder she tried to make the reflection in the mirror change, the harder it got. "Don't alter it all, start with one thing." Snoke ordered from his throne. She nodded and focused her energy on a single aspect of her appearance, the colour of her hair. She had always wanted rich dark hair instead of those bleached and split ends. That scavenger girl had dark and rich hair, even though she had probably never showered a day in her life, it still looked more taken care of than Ree's. She closed her eyes and gave a final push of the Force as she tried to mimic the scavenger's hair.

"I can't!" The Commander exclaimed as she opened her eyes and saw the regular blonde Ree staring back at her in the mirror.

"Try harder! You will not fail!" Snoke boomed, there was no room for failure, only success. Once again she closed her eyes and started drawing power from her anger towards the brunette. She focused on that smug smile that Rey had when she circled the wounded Kylo and the pain her lightsaber had inflicted on her own back. Remembering that face was enough to make the roots turn brown and the colour cascaded down the strands of hair like a waterfall until the reflection in the mirror was a brunette Ree. "Well done, my apprentice." Snoke's acknowledgement filled Ree with confidence.

"Thank you, Supreme Leader." Ree bowed her head in respect, it was the best feeling in the world, feeling accomplished.

Suddenly that feeling of proudness ran off her just as her hair colour did when she lost focus. Keelor's full attention turned to a disturbance in the Force. It was even more powerful this time. Her face dropped as she searched around for the source of the disturbance. "Something wrong?" Leader Snoke asked as he looked down at the uncomfortable Commander.

"Yes, I don't feel well," she answered absent-mindedly, "forgive me, Supreme Leader." Quickly stumbling away to the elevator, hoping to reach the disturbance before it once again disappeared.