First Steps

The ship was quite small. It had benches along the wall where a dozen stormtroopers sat. Ree sat on a bench in the cockpit while Captain Phasma leaned on the pilot's chair, monitoring the pilot's every move. Their destination was an old research facility from the old days of the Empire on the planet of Endor. It was abandoned after the destruction of the second Death Star. They had gotten word of some resistance members trying to hack into the old database which contained sensitive information. "We'll be arriving shortly." Phasma's voice shook Ree out of her paralysed state.

"Uh-huh." Ree rose out of her spot and moved to the back of the ship. All the stormtrooper's looked up at their superior as Ree stood in the door frame. "We'll land on Endor soon, be ready then. We don't know who or how many we will meet there but our mission is to secure the facility and then retract the information from the old database, no matter the cost. The information is highly sensitive and if it falls into the wrong hands, it could lead to the First Order's demise. I myself will make sure that the information is secured and uploaded to the First Order's database." Ree had a dead serious tone and an equally serious expression.

"Going down for landing." The pilot called from the cockpit.

"Hold on tight," Ree said and grabbed one of the handles hanging from the roof of the ship. As they cut through the tree line Ree had to hold on tight as not to fall.

The ship's door was lowered and they were met with a big old building that had been overgrown. One of the stormtroopers placed an explosive at the entrance and quickly ran for cover. Everyone ducked as the explosion went off and then the squadron of stormtroopers moved inside the facility. Everyone scattered in different directions, including Phasma leaving Keelor alone. She decided to go forward, guessing that the control room would be somewhere in the middle of the building.

As Ree moved through the halls she made sure not to trip over any of the roots growing or hit her head in one of the branches. This place was completely neglected, Ree thought. She had opened up the button on her holster so she could easily take out her blaster if needed.

Further down the hall, she heard the sound of buttons being pressed and computers working. Slowly she crept closer to where the sound came from. She peeked around the corner into the room and saw a scrawny man leaning over the computers. "Downloading completed." Said a voice from the computer and the man quickly pulled out a USB from the computer.

"Stop there!" Ree revealed her precense and the frightened man turned around. Quickly he ran out of the room through a back door and Ree followed after. Shit, why didn't I just use the force, Ree mentally slapped herself. She had hesitated like Kylo warned her not to do. She won't do it again, she doesn't want to disappoint Kylo, Ree thought as she ran after the man.

Keelor stopped at a crossing, trying to figure out which way the man took but she didn't get long to think before a hand was over her mouth and an arm around her neck. She figured it was the man from before who attacked her from behind. By twisting and turning she tried to get out of his grip around her neck but to no avail. The oxygen was leaving her body and Ree could feel herself getting dizzier. Ree freed herself by doing a back kick into the man's private parts. He bent over in pain. "Where's the memory stick?!" Ree called and when he didn't answer she kicked him in the stomach and he fell to the ground. "Answer me!" she screamed at him but his silence forced her to use the force to paralyze him. Swiftly she found the memory stick in his chest pocket. "I have a prisoner here. Send someone over who can bring him back to the ship." Ree talked into the intercom in her ear and in less than a minute had a stormtrooper arrive.

Ree released her grip on the man so the stormtrooper could escort him back to the ship. The man struggled against the stormtrooper and when he succeeded in looking back at Ree he yelled, "who are you?!"