Canto Bight

Ree's packing was light, they were only meant to stay for one night at Canto Bight, everything fit in a black duffel bag. Done with packing and she was just about to close the bag up as she noticed something on her bedside table, a lightsaber, her lightsaber. She pondered whether to bring it or not, Snoke would be utterly furious if he found out his apprentice had gone somewhere without it. Kylo too, would be mad and the idea of leaving it in front of his door was tempting but she didn't want to have the fury of Snoke raining down on her. Therefore, she stuffed it in her bag before leaving. 

The Commander was in a black asymmetric short coat, black gloves, pants and leather boots. Her hair was put in a low bun, the shorter strands of hair that didn't reach the bun in the neck were instead framing her face. The face that was framed had all emotions peeled away, left was a blank canvas. But the people you couldn't read were often the most dangerous ones.

Squadrons of Stormtroopers came to a halt as they passed Commander Keelor, they saluted her but for all she cared they could have started dancing and even then she wouldn't have looked in their direction. Ree only continued walking, duffel bag in one hand, determination in the other. 

The landing bay was as usual hustling and bustling. Not a single person dared to bump into the Force-user, it was as if the sea parted when she walked through the crowd. A Command Shuttle in the middle of the Landing Bay was being packed, stormtroopers rushing in and out trying to get everything in and one red-head supervised the entire happening. "I see you packed light." Ree nodded towards all the crates as she walked up to Hux. He chuckled.

"This isn't for me," he answered. The blonde put down her bag and watched as a Stormtrooper carried it onboard the Command Shuttle.

"No? I thought it would just be the two of us going." She did a quick prayer that Kylo wasn't going.

"That's correct, these are... gifts for potential contractors." It was true, Ree didn't understand the world of politics. What she did understand was how the blast radius of a canon affected the operation of the hyperdrive.

"I'll leave the negotiating to you, just thinking about that gives me a headache." the Commander continued looking at the stormtroopers but Hux stole a glance of the woman. He couldn't force back his amused smile, she was quite the opposite of him and that was very intriguing to him.

"Well, what do you usually do when you want something you don't have?" the General asked, negotiating was something he did on a daily basis, with ambassadors of different planets and with his own Captain.

"First I ask nicely," she shrugged, "then, If I don't get what I want, I take it. I stand up for myself, I don't yield." She had the powers of the Force, a lightsaber and a determination stronger than anything, according to her, no one could break her. Not even Kylo Ren. Another chuckle left Hux.

"You're as stubborn as Ren-" He joked but he didn't get far before he was cut off. Her head whipped in the direction of the red-head.

"I'm nothing like him!" The playful tone was quickly exchanged with anger. The General reminded himself that the couple wasn't on the best terms and to not bring it up again. He wasn't afraid, only pained.

"Perhaps not." His voice was calm making Ree realize her sudden outburst. She looked down at her shoes in defeat. Maybe this was why Kylo did what he did, she was a total mess controlled by her rapid emotions. Armitage had noticed the blush on her cheeks, "Ree?" He whispered it low to make sure that the stormtroopers didn't hear.

"Sorry, I shouldn't let my emotions get the better of me," carefully, she looked up towards Hux, hoping that she hadn't just spoiled everything.

"It's good that you're aware of it," he continued speaking quietly, "that's more than Kylo is." He reassured and a small smile crept up on the Commander's face.