Monsters

Ree had rehearsed every possible scenario in her head, every word she was going to say and what Kylo would respond. Yet, as she stood there, in front of him, at a loss of words. He didn't speak either, he had no idea what her intention was, though he hoped it would all end in a long embrace. Keelor paced back and forth in the living room while he just watched her, she came to a halt, knowing what to say, the only question she had never been able to think up an answer to, "why?"

"W-what?" Ren was caught off guard, he was expecting a huge scolding, not a one-word question.

"Why were you talking to her?" Tears were already forming in her blue eyes.

"I-I didn't choose to. The Force just connects us." Kylo shrugged.

"Did the Force tell you to have conversations with her? To feel sorry for her? To hold her hand?" Her nostrils were already flaring.

"No." His shoulders were already becoming hunched.

"Then why?"

"Because," he sighed, "I was curious. I didn't understand why the Force was connecting us. I still don't."

"So we should all cave into our curiosity? I have always wondered what Snoke's boudoir looks like! Maybe I should go take a look?!" Her cheeks had a rosy colour and her breaths had become quick and shallow.

"No." The scarred man pinched the skin between his eyebrows, every explanation he came up with she could easily turn into nothing, because that what it was, meaningless words as he tried to gloss over the situation.

"What did you even talk about?" In her mind, they had talked about how gorgeous the Scavenger girl thought Kylo's eyes were or how strong he looked like wielding that lightsaber. 

"At first, she mostly yelled at me. Called me things. Then, she started asking questions-"

"About what?" Ree hissed, but Kylo remained calm.

"My past, the Jedi temple." His eyes closed as flashes of that fateful night appeared.

"You told her? How Skywalker tried to kill you?" Keelor immediately calmed down as he nodded in response. She knew how much those memories pained him, the thought of your own uncle trying to kill you brought Ree chills, "did she believe you?"

"Yes."

"And yet, she's there, training with him," the Commander made a point, "she's not on our side."

"I know that!" He exclaimed, he wanted Rey to be on their side, to train with them, she would be a great asset to the First Order, that was the only reason he wanted her to join them, at least that was what he told himself.

"It's treason, Ky," Ree's blue eyes were filled with seriousness, "if Snoke were to find out-"

"I know what he would do!" Now Kylo lost his temper, not out of anger but out of fear, "he'd kill me." then his voice got low again, "and I'd never get to see you again." 

"And yet, you continued talking to her," the blonde was hurt, he would rather risk his life and the possibility of never seeing her again than to subdue his curiosity. He saw the pain on Ree's face and it shattered his heart into a million pieces. Maybe before, he hadn't realized how she could have reacted so strongly, now he knew what his action had meant. That the scavenger was more important to him than the love of his life. In defeat, Kylo plummeted down into the couch. His body was too heavy to carry. His face, buried in his hands. Ree continued standing, watching him sit there, she didn't feel victorious or as if she was in there right, she was just hurt.

When Ky finally looked up from his hands, tears decorated his cheeks and his mahogany eyes were as reflective as the surface of a pond, "I'm sorry. Okay? I'm sorry! I don't know what else to say!" He expected a burst of anger to come from his love, that he was at a loss of words would probably infuriate her.