Friend Or Foe?

With haste, Ree woke up. She tried moving her wrists and ankles. Quickly realised that it was of no use since she was strapped down to some sort of vertical table. From the darkness in front of her, a man rose up. He had been sitting down on some sort of stool, he stepped out into the light, revealing that it was Kylo Ren.

"You're awake," he stated. Ree breathed in sharply while trying to figure out her surroundings. All she could conclude was that she was in a dark room, strapped to some sort of torturing device which made her heart beat ten times faster. Was he about to interrogate her? Torture her? Kill her? "Don't be afraid." Ren had noticed her body language that showed clear distress.

"Where's my apprentice?" Tylan was all Ree could care about. At this moment it was easier for her to think about her apprentice than the fact that she was probably in way more danger than him.

"The boy? No clue," Kylo continued, "I couldn't care less about him." She breathed out in relief. Him being of no importance was a good thing. That meant he was in no trouble and probably safe and sound back home in their quarters.

"Are you going to kill me?" She asked. If he was about to do it, she wanted to know.

"Perhaps. Depends on your answers to my questions." Ren responded making her even more nervous.

"Then get on with," she tried to sound collected and confident. Under his mask, he raised an eyebrow at her response, not awaiting that kind of response.

"Are you aware of what you were doing back in that hallway?" Kylo asked and then it dawned on her what she had actually done, or rather what her body had done.

"I was fixing a broken cooling system," Ree answered blandly.

"You know what I mean." She sighed, disappointed that her cheap loophole didn't work.

"Honestly, no. I've never done anything like that before." Ren became puzzled, everything she had done back there took years of training to learn.

"Then how did you know how to lift them up into the air, throw them into the wall and then choke them, just by using your mind?" Kylo argued back.

"I don't know how I did it. It was strange to me but at the same time, It feels as if a part of me has always been waiting to be...awakened." She spoke like this had been something she'd always known, but that certainly wasn't the case. The Master of the Knights of Ren knew exactly what she was talking about.

"What's your operating number?" Ren asked, quickly changing the subject which caught Ree off guard.

"Uhh... SPR-378." He took out some form of tablet and typed in what she had just told him. In seconds, all sorts of information linked to the operating number came up on the screen. In the left corner, a picture of Ree from when she started working for the First Order and next to it, her personal information.

"Head technician Ree Keelor, age 27, home planet Corellia, been working here for almost eight years. How come I've never seen or heard anything about you before?" Kylo Ren questioned. Her brows furrowed together as she tried to understand where his suspicions were coming from.

"I mostly design and improve the technology and tutor new and upcoming technicians. Doesn't include that much interaction with the rest of the Order," Keelor explained. 

That was enough for Ren to decide that she wasn't a spy for the Resistance or a Jedi in disguise. She was too much of an opportunity and he was too much of an optimist. There was an appearing silence and Ree looked at him with a confused look, awaiting the next question. He moved towards her and pressed a button on the torture device. All the restraints opened up quickly and she nearly fell forward.