The Brunette

A young woman's face, fair skin, brown hair, hazel eyes, thin lips, small upturned nose, sharp cheekbones and jawline, every single detail of that face rose anger inside of Ree. The very thought of the scavenger sparked a fit of great anger but also an even greater fear. That woman had slashed her back open, scarred Kylo and she was apparently a big manipulator too. Trying to trick and deceive Kylo. She was dangerous, a wild animal that needed to be caged, controlled, subdued. Keelor hated the idea of turning the scavenger to the Dark side, that would mean that they had to spend time together and Reen would have a perfectly fine excuse to spend time with her. 

Jealousy was also an emotion the scavenger sparked in Ree. But then, killing the Scavenger was going to be a hard nut to crack, she was so strong with the Force, a Force connection so raw, so natural, Ree's connection with the Force had awoken late in her life, the scavenger had probably felt it the minute she was born. Therefore, turning her to the Dark Side was probably going to be easier than trying to make her heart stop pumping.

Ree could feel how she could draw more power from the Force, she was getting stronger by the thought. After ignoring the Force and anything connected to it, including Kylo, for a while, welcoming it back was like a big family reunion. After that fateful morning in a corridor of Starkiller Base, Ree would never feel truly whole without the Force. It was a part of her that couldn't be denied. The more she tried to push it away the stronger the desire inside of her became.

The sudden sound of the door to the training grounds swooshing open disrupted Ree from her meditation. She fell to the floor, her strong connection to the Force had made her levitate. In a swift moment, she hit the floor, the momentum of the fall made her roll forward and as she somersaulted in the direction of the door, she pulled the lightsaber from her waist and ignited it. To anyone else, that kind of caution, especially aboard the Supremacy, might have been seen uncalled for but to Ree, it made perfect sense. Only Force-sensitive trained in that room. She was already there and Kylo was on a mission and no one in the First Order would dare to impose during training. Common sense dictated that the ones coming through the door were there to kill her.

With the red lightsaber ignited at her side and adrenaline pumping through her veins Keelor must have looked quite ridiculous to the six persons, fully clothed in black with masks covering their faces, standing in the doorway. Her shoulders relaxed and she turned off the lightsaber but the pissed off-face didn't disappear. "Shouldn't you guys be at some random planet, eating babies or whatever you do?" Her arms were crossed but she didn't place the lightsaber hilt in its place at her hip. Even though they served her beloved, Ree had never trusted the silent warriors who were the Knights of Ren.

"Right, the no-talking thing." Not that she hadn't really forgotten it, "I have a question, when it's just you guys around, do you share secrets, gossip about other knights and giggle like little girls? Because that's exactly how I like imagining you guys." No answer, only the breathing coming from the masks was the only sign that they were living creatures and not statues. "Well, it's been fun talking to you guys but you gotta go now. I was kind of in the middle of something." She waved the lightsaber hilt. They looked to each other, Ree suspected that they had hoped to use the area to train or something but she couldn't care less. This was not a space meant for them. "I don't know if you didn't get the memo but this space is only for Force-sensitive, okay?" The Commander talked to them like they were toddlers since they weren't moving from their spot.

The one in the middle, who stood a little ahead of the others indicating that he was in charge, cranked his neck. Or at least as much as his helmet allowed him too. From the square pattern in the steel, Ree recognized him to be the one going under the name of Vicrul. Kylo had told her briefly about his knights and what they could do. That's why it came as no surprise to Ree that it was him projecting onto her. Thoughts of the scavenger started arose inside Ree's mind, she saw pictures of how the Scavenger slashed down Kylo, Tylan and ultimately herself.