The Truth

The doorframe was more than a doorframe. It was a protective barrier between Ree and the unknown. She looked at the mask on top of the pedestal. The blonde was in a dark grey hoodie accompanied by a matching pair of loose-fitting leisure pants. Her hair was in a low mid-parted bun. Enough to keep the cold away under the blanket but not enough when just standing in the middle of the night in a doorframe. Goosebumps covered her skin and her toes against the cold metal floor had already gone numb.

When she had first woken up from that 'dream' of hers she had felt so determined to find out what it was, now, she wasn't as sure. It of a tug of war in her mind. Her curious side pulled on one end and her self-preservation on the other. Did she really want to find out who the voice was? What she had seen in her sleep? Keelor couldn't help but feel that she was connected to the voice and the man she had been in her dreams. But she had avoided the mystery that was herself for so long. She needed to find out. 

The step through the doorframe could be compared to leaping out from a cliff. You didn't know what was beneath the surface water. You hoped for deep water but you could never tell before if there were sharp rocks waiting for your frail body. Her fall continued as she strode up to the mask.

Shaky hands slowly reached out to touch the sides of the helmet. She was about to hit the water, it was the moment of truth, was it going to be a graceful dive or horrible impalement? "Show yourself." Her words were quiet, not wanting to wake up Kylo. She nearly didn't hear the response because the thumping of her heart was so loud.

"Hello there." Ree snapped around at the sound of the voice. Her hands released the helmet, which worked as an anchor to the Force. In front of her, in Kylo's mancave, stood a young man, auburn hair and beard, grey-blue eyes, fair skin, beige robes but it was all in a light blue tint and slightly translucent. The female's jaw had been dropped and she blinked several times to ensure that was she saw in front of her was really there. A Force Ghost.

"Y-you're a," an orphan girl from Corellia was standing in front of a Force ghost, that was certainly nothing she expected from her future when she drilled bolts into TIE-fighters.

"A man? A friend? An enemy?" The man 'tried' to help Ree find the right word.

"A Force Ghost." As she uttered the words it finally started sinking in, she was talking to someone who was dead. "I-I don't understand? How does it work? Like practically? Are you made of photons or waves or does quantum mechanics play a-" Ree was cut off by the young man's laughter. It wasn't a mocking laugh but rather an amused one.

"Once a technician, always a technician," he mused.

"You know who I am?" Keelor figured that they had some kind of connection, otherwise why would the voice stand out in a sea of thousand other ones. But still, it was weird that this man knew of her past profession.

"I know more about you than you do, Ree." She swallowed hard at the mention of her name.

"Yet, I don't know who you are." The Commander crossed her arms over her chest, why should she be friendly to this stranger? She didn't know if he wanted to harm her or not. Blame it on the competitive and hostile environment she lived in but she found herself doubting people a lot more than she trusted them.

"No, you don't." His smile was pained, looking down at his feet, "my name is Obi-Wan Kenobi." It was weird for him to say that name out loud, he hadn't heard it for so long and in his last years of life, he went by Ben.

"Kenobi? Weren't you a Jedi or something?" Ree seemed to have heard the name but she couldn't place when or where. Maybe Kylo had mentioned it, maybe she had read it somewhere.

"Jedi Master in fact." Obi-Wan had nostalgia in his eyes. A title that gave him great respect during the Galactic Republic days.

"So what do you want with a girl who wields a red lightsaber?" Was this some sort of revenge posthumous, the Commander wondered.