Licking wounds

There he was, sitting down, leaning against the wall of the shuttle as a nurse tended to the wound on his face, the wound on his side already patched up. "Ree," rolled of Kylo's lips as his eyes landed on the blonde, breathing out in relief. Ren got up and pulled her into a hug, everyone on the shuttle, Hux, the nurse and the other high-ranking officers saw someone in love, thankful that their beloved was alright. Ree didn't. He may have sounded relieved but his eyes were dead, and the hug stale.

"Where were you?" Ree pulled away from the hug but didn't get an answer because in the next moment she fell to the ground. Kylo caught her before she could hit the floor. 

"Nurse! She's bleeding!" The voice of Kylo was all Ree heard before everything turned dark.

---

When Ree had been brought back to consciousness, the nurse had already stopped the bleeding, "what happened?" A groggy Commander asked as she sat up from a sideways lying position. The nurse was still operating on her back.

"Please sit still, ma'am." The nurse ordered, Ree could feel how the nurse was sewing up her back, "you've lost a lot of blood. The big wound has been closed but it opened up some of your older scars." Old scars from when she had been beaten with a whip by Hux and his troopers. The same General sat on the bench opposite of Ree, he quickly looked away at the mention of the old scars. If she didn't know any better, she could have sworn she saw a small blush on Hux's cheeks. Did he look... ashamed? 

The cold air sent shivers down Ree's naked back. When the desert girl sliced it with a lightsaber, her jacket had been cut in half, revealing the skin under it but still covering the front. Like a good girl, she sat still as the nurse continued sewing the old scars shut, only wincing at the pain. She kept her gaze mostly towards the floor but when she looked up, she looked at the General in front of her. He evaded her glances and Keelor evaded his. They took turns 'secretly' looking at each other. "Where are we going?" Her question was directed towards Kylo who was standing at the entrance to the cockpit, watching the pilot commandeer the ship. When he didn't answer or even react she said louder, "Ky?" Clearly annoyed. This time he turned around but the red-head opposite of Ree was quicker to answer.

"The Supremacy," Hux answered, his tone was not annoyed or angry as was the usual tone that he used when speaking to Ree.

"And what's that?" Ree's tone was neither cocky nor mocking as it usually was when she spoke with Hux. Maybe she had lost too much blood to have the energy to be snidely.

"The Supreme Leader's dreadnought." Hux's words made Ree's jaw drop. The shivers running down her back was replaced with every muscle in her body tensing. The former head technician had never in her life met Snoke face-to-face, and she was about to do that, just after losing a battle to a scavenger who had never held a lightsaber in her hand.

---

When the Command shuttle landed in the hangar of the ship, all the wounds on Ree's back had been sewed up. Everyone in the small shuttle started leaving it, including the nurse that had been tending to Ree's wounds. Though Keelor continued sitting in her place with a worried look on her face. Kylo had one foot outside of the ship when he realized that Ree was still behind him, he turned around, "let's go," was all he said, ready to make the other foot touch the hanger but Ree remained in her place, not saying a word. "What is it?" Kylo sounded annoyed.

"My back." The words were clear. Her clothes had been torn and she wasn't keen on showing the entire ship her scars. He was at a loss for words, he didn't know how to solve what he thought was a ridiculous situation.