A New Savior

The view from the control room showed the Resistance Star Cruiser. It was smaller than the Star Dreadnought which Ree was on. TIE fighters and TIE bombers flew around the cruiser, shooting its blaster at it, trying to break through the shields. X-wings were trying to fight off the First Order and it was a close battle but Ree couldn't care less about those X-wings, not unless they neared one specific ship, the one TIE silencer. It was quick, quiet and aggressive, just like its pilot. Kylo was steering it, hitting every one of his targets. He had the Force to thank. It gave him a clear advantage, making him ruthless in the fight. The more hits Kylo and his team dashed out the more the cruiser sped up, they wanted to get out of range of the Dreadnought. "They're going too far," Hux spoke up, he had been standing next to Ree this whole time, he was the General after all and this was an important battle.

"Yes, I agree," it was strange for Ree to be agreeing on the General but Kylo was getting too far away from the Supremacy, "we should call them ba-" Ree couldn't finish the sentence, the Force had interrupted her.

The former Head technician was connected to Kylo, their heartbeats were getting synched, their breathing too. A rather common happening, the Force could make you feel something happening lightyears away. And this was just happening outside the window. Then, there was a third heartbeat, a third breathing. The scene unravelled in front of Ree like a bystander watching it play out. 

Kylo flew pass the control room of the Resistance ship, the third heartbeat, belonging to a woman with grey hair looked at Kylo through the Force. It was the look of recognition, of pain. Ree quickly put two and two together, an old force-sensitive woman that had a connection to Kylo and is onboard the resistance fleet, it was Leia Organa for sure. The son had his thumb on the trigger, about to make a blaster fly off in the direction of the mother. Ree could feel her breath quicken and her eyes swelling with tears, just what was happening to Kylo? Keelor could feel the torment inside of her, for a second, she thought that she was the child of Leia who had been abandoned and then betrayed. But then, how can anger compete with a mother's love?

Kylo's thumb rose from the trigger, a small hint of relief was displayed on Leia's face. Her son's face was filled with shame but also, relief. That relief didn't last long as the TIE fighters around him instead pulled their triggers, making the control room blow up.

"Keelor?" Hux's voice brought Ree back to the Supremacy she quickly blinked away the shininess in her eyes, "I'm pulling them out." He turned towards the buttons in front of them and pressed the one that would transmit to Kylo. "Ren, the Resistance have pulled out of reach. We can't cover you at this distance. Return to the fleet." After the message, he turned back towards Ree, clearly annoyed, "What is the point of all this if we can't blow up three tiny cruisers?"

"It's simple physics." Ree moved closer to the window as she watched the TIE silencer return to base, "they're faster and lighter. They can keep us at a distance where the cannons won't do any damage against their shields." She didn't sound cocky, only informative.

"Well, keep up the barrage. Let's at least remind them that we're still here." Hux commanded and Ree cocked an eyebrow.

"Yeah, you do that." She stated, making it clear that she didn't take orders from him. Keelor didn't give Hux enough time to answer before she started walking away. At that moment, where Ree spun around and she saw the red head's face, she noticed a small blush. Like he had been caught in something awkward.

---

Finding Kylo wasn't difficult, the Force surrounded him like moths to light and Ree's connection to Kylo only made it easier. A sharp turn into an empty corridor and there he was, walking in front of her. His black locks ended just above his shoulders and they stopped moving when Kylo stopped walking. He too felt her presence through the Force but he didn't need it to know that she wanted to talk about what had happened. He certainly didn't want to talk about it but not talking wasn't Ree's style.