Calm Before The Storm

"Wake up, lazy!" The force of a pillow hitting Ree's face made her wake up from deep sleep.

"Hey!" Ree Exclaimed as she rose to a sitting position.

"It's 20 minutes left until practice starts," Kylo said with his arms crossed. He was standing at the end of the bed, fully dressed and everything.

"Come on! Can't we just sleep in for once?!" Ree whined and laid back down on the bed and tried to fall asleep again. The response Ree got was another pillow thrown at her. "Stop throwing pillows at me!" Ree shrieked and threw it in the direction of Kylo which he easily dodged by moving to the side.

"No! The resistance never rests and neither will we!" Kylo used his "Commander voice". Ree wondered if the 'Commander voice' just appeared with the title or if there was some sort of class she had to take.

"No, but they take naps!" Ree called out as she buried her face in the pillow and once again tried to go to sleep. For a few minutes, Kylo was quiet and Ree celebrated mentally, thinking he had finally given up. But the peace didn't last long. Just a few moments after her celebration she got showered with ice-cold water. She rose out of bed in milliseconds and stood right in front of Kylo who held an empty glass in his hand. "What the fuck are you doing?!" Ree yelled.

"Good. You're awake." Kylo stated calmly.

"Did you just pour water on me?!" Ree continued screaming while she was gesturing like a maniac.

"Yes," Kylo started picking at something under his nails, even though he was wearing gloves.

"How do have the nerve?! Pouring water on me and then acting as if nothing! You're gonna regret doing that! I'm gonna..." Ree trailed off her rant as she noticed that Kylo wasn't paying attention to what she was saying. She followed his gaze, which was looking at her chest and she realised what he was looking at. The water had made her tank top nearly see-through, and she wasn't wearing anything under.

"Uhm..." Kylo cleared his throat, "you should put on some new clothes." He moved past Ree and suddenly the two of them had cheeks scorched with embarrassment. As he left the room Ree mentally slapped herself. 

"Stupid!" Ree told herself as she wished that she would have covered herself with something before standing up. Even though Kylo and Ree had now shared many passionate making out sessions since that fateful day in the technic workshop, it had never gone any further than that.  

Ree grabbed a black sweatshirt that was a bit too big for her and put it on as she made her way back to her own living quarters. Fortunately, she didn't meet anyone on her way back. As she got back she swapped out Kylo's sweatshirt for what she could find in her new wardrobe. It consisted mostly of her old attire but here and there were some new pieces. 

She put on a brand new training outfit which consisted of a black sleeveless turtle neck that had a zipper going from the top of the turtle neck down to just under her bosom. The tights were also black with a darker grey hexagon pattern in a mesh fabric running down the sides. On her feet were a pair of sturdy ankle boots which was the same colour as the rest of the outfit. Before Ree left to go to what she knew was gonna be one awkward training session she took a look at herself in the new shining mirror.

The only way she could describe herself was that she looked fierce, someone that you didn't wanna pick a fight with. She brushed her fingers over her left forearm, gently touching the scar from her training with Phasma when she got cut with the spear. A smile trickled over her face. Then Ree remembered one of her scars that she wasn't as proud of. A scar that couldn't be seen but was always present. The scar her perpetrator had left on her. Instinctively her hand touched her collarbone, just at the place where that technician's lips had been forcefully planted on her. It reminded her of how powerless she felt. A feeling that she hoped she would never feel again thanks to the Force.