TR-8R

"I'm going to the doctor, for a checkup. You wanna come?" Ree asked, standing in the doorway, about to leave her and Kylo's joint chambers. The Supreme Leader sat at the dining table, only a couple of paces from the door but he didn't turn to look at the Commander. He only continued staring into the wall in front of him. She sighed, moved her hand down to her stomach, "it's still your child, our child." But it all fell to deaf ears. "Fine, stay here then." Why continue to nag him when he made his intentions clear? He wanted nothing to do with Ree, even if it meant ignoring his own offspring. She had hoped that she would hear two pairs of footsteps walking down the corridor, instead, it was only hers making its way to the infirmary.

---

The examining table was cold against the lower part of Ree's back. The blue gel on her stomach was equally as chilly. The cold air against the scars on her back was an unwelcoming feeling, the only time when they were out in the air for an extended period of time was either when she showered or made love. And the latter hadn't happened for a while. The male doctor traced the white ultrasound transducer over the Commander's rounded tummy, all whilst looking up at the little screen. A blurry 2D picture, nothing more then variations of grey, that was all that Ree saw. "So, how's the rascal doing?"

"The baby looks strong and healthy," the doctor assured, continuing to make traces in the gel.

"You can say that again, it's been kicking me to death lately." She tried to make a light-hearted joke, but the doctor barely moved the corners of his mouth. There was something in the air, for every other the check-up, Kylo had been there, not this time. Something the doctor had clearly taken notice of. And he would rather be on the Supreme Leader's good side than with the pregnant woman.

"Would you like to know the sex?" There was no joy, no excitement behind the question, he only followed the protocol to the bare minimum.

"Oh, I don't think," she trailed off, she and Ky hadn't gotten the time to discuss the matter before. On one hand, it could be nice with a surprise but on the other, Ree was dying to know. What would he think? Shouldn't he be a part of the decision, no, Keelor thought, he had his chance to be a part of it but he chose no to. "Actually, I would love to find out."

---

A piece of paper was thrown on the table in front of Kylo, he couldn't be in his trance of pretending that only the wall in front of him existed. He had to look at the paper in front of him. The Supreme Leader picked up the paper only to realize that it wasn't a letter but rather a photograph. It was the size of his palm, most of the picture was a black background with a blurry grey blob in the middle. "It's a girl," Ree commented as she walked further into the room, passing Kylo still sitting at the dining table. "Surprise." The sarcasm was spilling over as she made a sharp left turn into the bedroom. He wanted to storm after her, shout at her that he wanted to wait to found out but at the same time, he was sitting with a photograph of his child in his hands. No, of his daughter.  And what father wouldn't be happy to learn that he soon was going to hold a little baby girl in his arms?

---

"Master Kenobi." The whisper was so quiet that Ree was surprised that anyone on the Other Side could hear it. Fortunately, they did. She turned away from Darth Vader's mask, seeing the Force-Ghost of the Jedi appear.

"You've never called me that before," the young apparition of Obi-Wan answered, as usual he was amused but he also made sure to keep his voice down. It was the middle of the night after all and the Supreme Leader was asleep in the other room.

"I-I just thought that's what they called you. When you were alive." Ree shrugged it off trying to not make it a big deal. But Obi-Wan couldn't help to smile at the fact that the blonde was finding more and more respect for him. Not wanting to make her uncomfortable, he didn't press the matter further.