Eye Of The Storm

"47! 48! 49! 50!" When Hux's voice screamed the last number Ree's eye fluttered open.

"No!" Keelor shrieked with panic. She needed to get away from there, from Hux, from the chains, from the whip. As she tore off the tube connected to the body a wild beeping went off. Though she didn't seem to notice the beeping, the tube, the white walls, the bed she was laying on or the man in the corner of the room. For her, she was still chained to the stage.

---

After Ree's operation, they told Kylo Ree needed to spend the night at the infirmary for monitoring. Therefore, he had also spent the night there, in an uncomfortable armchair. After many twists and turns in the chair, the Master of the Knights of Ren had finally managed to fall asleep. Only to be awakened by a screaming Ree.

When Ren woke up he saw a terrified girl in a light blue hospital robe trying to rip off her IV. "Don't touch that!" Kylo exclaimed and rushed to Ree's side. She was already sitting up and had unfortunately ripped off the tube making the medical equipment beep. "Just lay down, Ree. You're safe now!" Kylo said frantically but she didn't seem to hear him or even see him. She tried to rise up from the bed and start running but she immediately collapsed. "It's okay I've got you," Kylo assured as he caught her.

"What's going on here?!" A nurse asked as she came rushing into the room, probably having heard the loud beeping.

"She woke up and tore out the tube," Kylo explained as he lifted up the Commander on the bed. She seemed to have calmed down from the initial shock but her. breaths remained short and Kylo, a stranger.

"She's in shock." The nurse explained and brought out a syringe from a cabinet.

"What's that?" Kylo asked anxiously before she was about to inject the syringe's contents.

"It's a sedative. When she wakes up soon enough she will be much calmer." Ren nodded. As the sedative entered Ree body, her eyes closed and her body fell limp. Kylo sank down back in his armchair but this time he made sure that he would stay awake. He wouldn't abandon her again. This time he would make sure to always be there like they had promised each other.

---

"W-where am I?" Ree slurred, still a bit dizzy from the sedative. Kylo quickly rose from his seat and went to her bedside. He lowered himself down to her level.

"You're in the infirmary. You're safe now." Kylo clarified as he held Ree's hand in his.

"Why?" Ree looked confused, not remembering anything that had just happened. The sedative seemed to have calmed her down and rendered her short-term memory amiss.

"You..." Commander Ren trailed off, not knowing how to describe what had taken place up on that stage, "you were hurt." 

"How?" She thought Kylo didn't make any sense, why was he being so secretive?

"You..." Once again he trailed off, a lump of tears growing in his throat.

"What is it, Kylo?" Now Ree looked worried. Had someone hurt him?

"You were whipped, beaten, punished!" Kylo couldn't hold back the tears anymore. The memory of Ree's back being cut open and blood gushing out of it was too painful.

"Kylo! Y-you're crying!" Ree's eyes widened and her mouth stayed open, what had happened to her must have been horrible if it could make the almighty Kylo Ren cry. She used her free hand to wipe away the tears on his cheek. "Who was it?"His gaze looked beyond Ree, fire started to burn in his dark irises.