#20 For You...

I'd go through hell...

Samridhi

Shiva gave his yes! He said he'd marry her. Now that's one unexpected twist in the story.

Samridhi admits, despite all the big talk she had with Neetu, she's nervous. Marriage is a huge thing. And things might go horribly wrong.

But she wants to go through with it. For Dhruva. She won't lie now. This is the only way to free him from the Ganesan bondage.

A gentle morning breeze blows around the hospital premises

A gentle morning breeze blows around the hospital premises. Samridhi stands alone right next to the gates, arms folded across her chest, her dupatta warmly wound around her neck.

A group of boys riding bicycles zoom past her, and she can't help but follow them with her eyes, her mind travelling into the past.

Little Ridhi sat next to Dhruva on a bench within the school grounds. Not a surprise since they went to the same school and studied together. Appa's car that was supposed to take them home hadn't arrived yet. They were waiting, simply sitting, but a bunch of boys were enthusiastically holding a bicycle race.

"Dhruva, are you sure? You don't want to ride a bicycle with the boys? I'll wait here... I can wait here. You can go and play with them..."

Young Dhruva denied. There wasn't any hesitation in his eyes.

"No, Ridhi. Watching over you comes first. Besides, who says I don't like it here... I'm happy just to be sitting like this."

Ridhi didn't believe him. Didn't boys like to cause a raucous? And Dhruva, Dhruva showed extreme interest in martial arts... and she'd seen him once, grappling with a bully. His helping nature had caused him to step in to help a fellow student.

But that triumphant smirk on his face after he took down that bully had been a treat. Why... Why wouldn't he do that often? Why wouldn't he follow his heart? Why would he have to give up all the fun in his life because of one stupid promise to Appa?

Why...

Little Ridhi could barely restrain herself. She turned to Dhruva, fury raging in her eyes.

"I hate you Dhruva!"

.

.

.

Samridhi blinks, her eyes focusing back on the present. Her palms are sweaty and her heart is racing. She didn't like what she saw. She was never fond of fighting with Dhruva, to begin with. She never wanted to hate him.

She took quite a trip down memory lane but now she's back. Those were some memories. That was the first time she said those words to Dhruva's face. Over the years she'd repeated them countless times and the bitterness that came with it seemed neverending.