#34 Our true feelings

Akshara

"It's me, Shiva..."

That voice Akshara hears belongs to Shiva. It carries the same soothing, reassuring lilt to it, yet she shivers all over.

"Shiv..." Finally free to talk, she looks at him, her mouth a little agape. "Why are you here?"

Shiva is dressed in a plain white t-shirt, but he's got a camouflage jacket on, and a hardened, unbreakable helmet of the same colour perches on his head. On a close look, he looks exhausted, and sweaty even in this chilly weather. He's been doing a lot of activity. Has he been running around in search of her?

"I was looking for you all over the town," Shiva says, smiling ruefully, his tone dripping with guilt.

Akshara smiles a little. Her suspicions confirmed, she's also relieved to see him here, relieved that they are on talking terms.

"And so was I."

She chuckles while keeping her voice down and breathes a sigh

She chuckles while keeping her voice down and breathes a sigh. Shiva puts some distance between them, but his hands still rest on her shoulders. Looking her up and down he whispers, "you're hurt."

He takes her bandaged hand into his, and his expression turns into that of agony. "I take my eyes off of you for one day, Sweety, and you do this to yourself? What happened?"

Akshara feels like explaining everything and even giving him a hug, but she holds herself back. "Shiva, no time to explain. We have to run first and save Arjun."

Shiva looks concerned but Akshara gives him a grave nod and they take off running. She leads him in the direction of where she left Arjun, praying he remains safe.

Arjun is fighting off six goons all alone. His head is bleeding a little, but otherwise, he looks fine, and he's keeping his camera gear safe.

"Stop there!"

Shiva's loud shout gives the mean-looking, dark-skinned goons a pause.

"We're here to help!"

When Shiva makes that bold declaration, the goons all lunge at once

When Shiva makes that bold declaration, the goons all lunge at once. The fight begins anew and Shiva joins the fray, facing off three of the massive goons. Akshara uses a few moves Dhruva taught her, surprising the man who assumes her as an easy target.