#65 Action time

Note: This chapter is a mix of all 4 POVs.I will edit, change pov or add more later if I see the need for it

Dhruva, Samridhi, Shiva, Akshara

The Quasquicentennial week passed and ended as a colourful affair, the glittering closing ceremony attended by the honourable state Governor and other big names instantly making the news.

Sky lanterns flew to the air, sealing a promise: the state's educational institutions will keep striving to light up the lives of thousands of other students.

Everyone associated with the QSC, the student councils, professors and staff, was behind this roaring success.

Mixed emotions were rampant during the after-party hosted on the common-grounds. Half the QSC members, a few alumni in tears, recollecting their last day of college from the distant past. Still, there was contentment in their hearts.

Samridhi and Dhruva enjoyed the festivities. The awkwardness wasn't choking them unlike before. After she was injured and he took her home, the barrier between them weakened. But it's not entirely broken and won't vanish anytime.

Those dreamy days won't ever return

Those dreamy days won't ever return. It's time to face grim realities.

Shiva got in touch with her just a day after the Quasquicentennial festivities. They discussed tactics, decided on Vasu's home for their temporary headquarters. Dhruva's friend Vasu? Oh, yes. This was Dhruva's suggestion. To quote him: Vasu's place is better than the Ganesan mansion. Convenient and unsuspicious. Holding our meetings there would mean Amma would be blissfully oblivious to the murkier details of Shiva's mission.

She went with Shiva to an army facility on the first day. Filed a written complaint as he wanted. For the first time, she scribbled the original surname inherited from her father next to her name: Samridhi Ramakrishnan. The complaint listed all the details - the missing army papers, the soldier on a mission, the targeting gangs. Here's hoping something good will come out of it. Shiva went to the hotel where he and Akshara had been staying. She returned home to the Ganesan mansion that evening.

Dhruva was reluctant to let her go alone. Their talk following dinner that night was brief, just an exchange of vital information before they parted ways and went to bed.

Day two. They will use their temporary HQ for the first time today. Dhruva joins her as she visits Vasu's home early in the morning. Around sunrise to avoid prying eyes.

Vasu's home is modest but well-furnished. The reclusive cottage is in the middle of the posh T. Nagar on a street with a dead end. The charming garden framing the front porch so serene, easing Samridhi's nerves to some extent.

Dhruva thanks Vasu again for his help. The guy brushes it off with a laugh. When the clock strikes 8, he's off for an early shift at the IT firm he works. Shiva and Akshara arrive around 9. Shiva donning a casual camouflague jacket over his tee and ripped jeans. Akshara in an elegant purple jumpsuit.