#41 Can we be greedy?

Shiva

The forest trail is pitch dark around the crack of dawn, but his army training comes in handy and so does his flashlight. Shiva walks next to Akshara, leading the way.

He usually remains focused no matter what he's doing, but now, as he glances at his best friend, his thoughts wander. Fate had blessed him with a few more moments to spend with his BFF, but he'd been greedy enough to steal some more.

He doesn't know if he's allowed to act like this while on a mission but one thing is clear - even Akshara is greedy for the same

She made it clear how their time together was precious to her. He remembers it now, how earnest she'd been when she said she had no fiance.

He thought she'd been sending him mixed signals back then, looking at him with so much affection in her eyes, and when they rescued Soldier, and later when he said Soldier would be her companion in his stead, he felt the same.

The camping night had been another result of his greed. During the twenty-question game they played, Akshara had been curious about his love life. She was very eager to know his opinion on love and if he ever loved someone romantically.

He wanted to admit his feelings then and there, but he couldn't as he was unsure.

He wasn't sure if she loved him like that. He wanted to ask but couldn't do that either, and turned his attention to the nature around them.

Akshara still looked happy. Soldier was chirpy, but the both of them soon dozed off, and he had to carry them to his jeep first and then into the lodgings. He even had to tuck them in bed. Soldier and Akshara both looked adorable in their sleep. He felt he could watch them forever.

He sighed and left her room so she could catch her beauty sleep. And because he would hate to invade her privacy.

She surprised him the following morning, through the little private chat she had with Soldier, the bunny. It wasn't on purpose but he overheard their talk. She said she loved him. She loves Shiva.

His heart nearly stopped hearing those words. He considered rushing in embracing her tight and reciprocating those feelings which she just voiced out loud. The joy he had felt was inexplicable, yet he couldn't act on impulse.

He didn't know what to do with himself, actually. And his heart began to pound wildly upon realising that his and Sweety's feelings towards each other were profoundly the same.

"How much longer, Shiva? Are we on the right trail in the darkness?"

Shiva chuckles, snapping back to the present moment after hearing Akshara's voice and she pats his arm.

Sweety is being honest about her fears right now. She's always been honest - talking about her fiance, wanting to confess feelings. She had always given him nothing but honesty but he couldn't be the same for her.