#48 The courage to love or break up...

Samridhi

Another day spent at the college flies with the speed of light. Just for once, Dhruva may have become inaccessible throughout the day owing to the student council meetings and stuff revolving around his engineering folks, but that doesn't make the situation any better. It's the same routine every day.

Wake up and freshen up. Greet Dhruva at the breakfast table.

Finish breakfast and get into the car with him.

Reach college and meet up with other peers and council members.

Reconvene with Dhruva and co. and review a few things.

Keep the professors updated and meet Dhruva again. Medical peers will ignore you in his presence so it's pretty much a lunch date with him.

Post lunch, attend the student council meetings again, keeping Dhruva in the loop.

Around evening, meet him again on the common grounds. Hang out during the student council's joint meetings, idle gossip, and go home together.

A brief respite upon reaching home, but have dinner together again before spending more time together looking for Appa's secret army papers.

What a marvellous schedule.

That night, back at her home, Samridhi is back in Appa's study — a room of a considerable size, the walls of which are adorned by roof-high bookshelves made of solid wood; one could as well call it a library.

Appa's antique, sturdy-looking desk and chair remain unoccupied like usual. No one has used them in ages, or will use them — a mark of respect they shall remain. The large, vintage couch though, and a couple of other chairs are free to use. The entire study is.

As Samridhi occupies one end of the couch, plopping down on the golden-coloured cushions wrapped in satin, Dhruva occupies the other end, bringing to her mind memories of the time when they'd done something similar.

For a brief time, they would do this back when they'd both joined college. Both of them loved studying here, basking in the solitude this place had to offer. Other than that, it also felt like Appa's warm embrace.

Samridhi now glances at Dhruva, who's diligently studying a document of some sort. He'd felt the same as her back then. This place had been their solace, their connection to Appa following his death for so long.

Now after years, nothing appears changed now, the bright amber glow of the lights and the ambience of the place is the same; the only difference is that the stacks of papers and books piled up in the space between her and Dhruva aren't academic an...

Now after years, nothing appears changed now, the bright amber glow of the lights and the ambience of the place is the same; the only difference is that the stacks of papers and books piled up in the space between her and Dhruva aren't academic anymore.

Just a while ago, Dhruva broke the old wooden ladder that they'd been using to retrieve various books located up on the high shelves. That happened after he'd warned her and said she was clumsy! A normal person would have been injured or collapsed to the floor amidst the rubble, but he remained safe, of course, jumped off the thing once it began to crumble, nimbly landing on the floor. Practical martial art thingie.