#27 Between dreams and Reality...

Dhruva goes stock-still, gazing at the door with a silly expression on his face. Samridhi clears her throat.

"Well..."

Dhruva wordlessly looks at her. It's been a while since she showed her that troubled, slightly annoyed face of his. He doesn't budge even when she asks him to get started.

"What are you waiting for, ma?"

It's hard for her to hold back her laughter, to not sound ridiculous, but Samridhi tries her best to impersonate his voice.

"Begin your warmups and your first round of workouts! Quick, quick! We can't waste time!"

She's teasing him and has every intention of teasing him further. An amused Akash moves to a corner, stifling his laughter.

She stubbornly faces Dhruva.

"Pushups! Make it five hundred! No

"Pushups! Make it five hundred! No... thousand?"

She's not impersonating him anymore, but Dhruva shoots her a glare. Eventually, resignation seeps into his features, but in an instant, that's replaced by a searing determination. He drops to the floor and starts working out.

Samridhi watches him with a smile. That's a simple workout, but he does it with such a flourish that it seems this alluring. He sure is a treat to watch.

1, 2, 3, ...

She mentally counts the reps in her head, but he moves fast. She eventually loses track of the number in her head.

325, 375... 400... Is it 500 already or is it more? How many reps has he done?

Dhruva is back on his feet. Samridhi meets his eyes. She's breathless simply from watching him, but the only thing that's out of place in his body is a lock of his hair falling onto his forehead, which he now pushes back.

"What..." she gawps at him, failing to comprehend what he said.

He takes a step closer.

"Was that enough? Or should I do some more?"

So it's his turn to tease her back? Samridhi clamps her mouth shut.

"What next?" Dhruva peers into her face.

There's that cheeky, overconfidence she's familiar with!