#50 Need more self-control

Dhruva

He never thought that a day would come when he would confess his feelings to somebody but it's here.

Vasu's words felt like enlightenment and he couldn't waste a second after hearing what the guy said.

Confessing your feelings should be simple.

No bigger deal than taking down your opponent inside the fighting ring...

Dhruva mentally prepares himself with a little pep talk.

Feeling a sense of euphoria and confidence while tackling a task isn't new to him, but it's certainly not like him to act on an impulse.

What will be the outcome of this he doesn't know. Would everything he built until now just fall to ruins?

His adrenaline soars as he dashes across the grounds, even as Vasu's amused laughter rings in his ears. As he dodges various student groups moving about, running past the engineering college gates, the back of his mind answers the earlier question in a nonchalant voice. "Why should I care? I've repressed enough. Now no more keeping it inside."

Normally those from Engineering College aren't allowed to set foot inside the medical campus without a permission slip or such thing, but with the Quasquicentennial things are different. Just the EQSC Alumni badge pinned to his blazer is enough to make it past the gates.

Now to find where Samridhi is... He is too impatient to even text her and set up a meeting spot. Way too eager.

He runs headlong into the building, deciding to search floor by floor. Luckily, he finds Samridhi in a corridor on the first floor.

He is a little breathless as he shouts her name, "Ridhi!"

Nearly everyone loitering in the corridor looks his way but he fearlessly stands, hands on his hips, falling silent for a moment just to catch her breath.

"Dhruva..."

Samridhi takes in his haphazard form. Blinking slowly and breaking away from a couple of acquaintances she's talking to, she stalks closer, frowning a little. "What's wrong?"

She's got the MQSC alumni badge pinned to her saree

She's got the MQSC alumni badge pinned to her saree. The design and colour, this is one of the sarees Amma recently purchased. The lady must have selected the outfit. It suits Ridhi and from up close, she's even more dazzling.

Dhruva is tempted to look away when Samridhi peers at his face rather concernedly.

"Did you run all the way here, Dhruva? What happened?"

She looks like she might want to reach out and fix the part of his hair that's fallen out of place. Feeling a little nervous, he does it for himself, staring her back in the eye.