#66 -II - Madurai Madness (Part 2)

Samridhi can see the men from where she is. They are armed with crude sticks and chains, like from a scene from an 80s Tamil gang movie, only more real and menacing.

Shiva and Dhruva rush into the fray. She runs after them, Akshara right behind her.

They are surrounded once outside but Dhruva and Shiva are unfazed.

The fight begins in the blink of an eye, fists flying, kicks rolling, sticks banging and chains rattling. Dhruva and Shiva hold themselves well against their foes, men trained in combat. The enemies are all disarmed.

Samridhi recalls her martial art training just as a man rushes towards her, basic and advanced movements she can recollect. Fighting isn't her cup of tea but she doesn't want to hide or be protected.

Akshara feels less confident owing to the sparse training she got. But it doesn't mean she's holding back. She's as Shiva often describes her - absolutely fearless. Do these guys think women are weak? Time to give them a taste of their own medicine. She and Samridhi stick together, facing off the goons.

Occasionally, Shiva comes to their aid. Dhruva tells them to duck or dodge, fighting off men on his own. The fight master he is, he's keeping an eye out on the entire fight.

Shiva doesn't want a single man to escape. Soon the tides are turning.

Samridhi dodges a kick to her stomach, uses a low kick to send her opponent sprawling to the ground. Akshara elbows a man who tries to grab her from behind, aiming a thrust kick at another. Dhruva and Shiva make quick work of the rest.

Just when Samridhi thinks it's over, a fallen man lunges and throws a punch at her. Dhruva pushes her away in the nick of time. She rolls on the ground.

"You okay? Sorry, there was no time to grab you."

He lends her a hand, delivering a back kick to her attacker. She watches the man fall to the ground.

She's not hurt. But she's plenty shocked. That ruffian almost had her there. Pathetic.

Dhruva hauls her up by her hand, his exceedingly warm against her palm. His warmth is comforting. And she held herself well in this fight... so that's a win.

"You did well, ma."

Praise from Dhruva? She can't help but melt.

He's still holding onto her hand while reaching for another

He's still holding onto her hand while reaching for another. Unfurls her other hand which she curled into a fist. Her nails dug into her skin during all the movement. Her palms are sore and red.

His thumb glides over her skin, a gentle caress. He lifts her hands, blowing softly. The chill air, the touch of his fingers - soothing.

What's he doing? Why is he so caring? A gentle sigh leaves her lips and her thoughts flow out of her, unconstrained. This happens sometimes whenever he acts this way.