#9 Just a student

Dhruva

Samridhi is always tacky, always running away from him. She's way too naive to know the dangers of this world. Dhruva never said it aloud but he knew... he knew Appa was murdered. The killers might target Ridhi, Amma, heck even himself. But Ridhi can't understand... She can't see his desperation and is always childish. Just how long does he keep chasing her? He was lucky that he saw her note in the kitchen that day. And followed her here. Tarapur is situated on a cliff. Dhruva had been taking a casual stroll around the area that evening, when he saw a little girl speeding away on a bicycle. Right before his eyes, she dashes off the railing into the cliff below.

Dhruva didn't hesitate to dive in after her. He was prepared to land there safely. He was confident of his skills as a practitioner of Martial Arts. The water was freezing but he managed to get a hold on the little girl. She was choking, but when they swam to the shore, she could breathe again. What a little thing. He took his time consoling her, and after a few minutes when she stopped crying, he did his best to convey in his broken Hindi that he would safely take her home. And finally, the girl smiled.

Her smile reminded him of Ridhi...

Would she be worried?

He wanted to see her when this is all over. It took him nearly an hour to trek up the cliff, carrying the little girl on piggy back was another challenge.

Some lay person couldn't have dared, but as he was trained in Martial Arts, it would be a shame if he didn't pull this off. There were times when he slipped. But he gained his footing and kept moving up and finally was out on the road. As promised he dropped the little girl home and rushed back to the camp.

It's nearly empty...

Where's everyone? Ridhi isn't in her tent. He's standing outside the tent wondering where she went when he finds her hurrying towards her tent. She freezes when she sees him

"Dh.. Dhruva?"

She looks like she could cry

She looks like she could cry... something happened? Whoever made her cry deserves to die. Who was it? He wants to ask her what's wrong, but before he can utter a syllable, she flings herself into his arms. Dhruva can't think straight. A jolt runs down his spine as she hugs him. Her soft form is pressed against him, and every inch of him trembles. This feeling... it's as if someone is squeezing his heart. It's quite hard to explain what he feels and why. It's been happening a lot lately. He wants to hug her back... but... Is he allowed?