#35 Should we confess?

Shiva

So much has happened ever since he met Akshara again here in Dhandera. While her presence seems like a guiding light, bringing a sense of calm, it's also the one to make him lose his composure.

Around her the stoic soldier inside him crumbles to bits, vanishes to nothing, his emotions run amok, and he can't pinpoint his feelings.

Samridhi laughs when he confesses this deepest secret of his. He's currently having chai with the girl inside the charming garden of the Ganesan mansion.

 He's currently having chai with the girl inside the charming garden of the Ganesan mansion

It's amazing that they have managed to bag such a beautiful residence for lease. He always felt like asking how they did, but didn't. He's now friends with Ridhi; he has the freedom to ask a few personal questions, but he's a guy who knows his boundaries and is always respectable.

Samridhi is a lot similar that way, but sometimes she's so silly.

Shiva can see why she gets under Dhruva's skin sometimes. That much silliness may be cute but it might be annoying to guys like Dhruva who are too uptight.

Samridhi is still laughing. Shiva takes a sip of his chai and throws her a look. He's not annoyed, no. But perhaps, she can stop poking fun at him now.

"Yes... I don't seem the type but I'm head over heels for my best friend, but that's not a laughing matter, Ridhi..."

Samridhi chuckles, and then finally relaxes into a wry smile. "I know. I think it's very sweet, Shiva. Sorry, I actually wanted to stop laughing, but kind of thought it would be nice therapy. My head is hurting from all the puzzles we've been solving."

Shiva nods, looking at the little table and the documents spread out before them. He leans back into his chair. The papers rustle in the breeze but do not fly off thanks to the paperweights holding them in place.

Samridhi is right. They've been brainstorming a lot these days, trying to decode the information from the army documents belonging to her father, a few of which have always been a part of the Ganesans' study.

So far they've come across nothing.

Shiva sighs again, watching Samridhi reach for her coffee cup. She's not much of a chai fan, a little typical of a South Indian, but he has no qualms with it.

As silence stretches between them, Shiva's thoughts return to Akshara. Will she remain safe? She's hurt but he's left her alone at the lodgings. Duty calls.

He's left a few policemen guarding her place now. Newly posted cops, truthful and non-corrupt. But even so, he worries about her. He's trying to work on his mission but her thoughts always consume him

Her presence has started to become a little distracting. Their rift. He'd been a fool to get mad at her without listening to her explanation, but he immediately mended it. He's glad to have done it in time, else who knows what would have happened to her?