#38 The unsaid words between us

Samridhi

Shiva's face always lights up when he's in the presence of Akshara. The guy is always cheerful, but this glow, the light in his eyes is something else. She never knew he could make that face.

He's a soldier and all, and all soldiers are heartless, aren't they? Not because they don't have a heart or emotions but because they suppress the very same.

Appa did the same. He couldn't be there for his kids or family fully owing to his duties. So what did he do? Rescued a kid from the streets and raised him to be the guard dog of the Ganesan house.

Even so, whenever he was home, he loved his kids. He loved Dhruva. The guard dog part is still her opinion. Dhruva didn't deserve the life he had or the hardships he had to face for the sake of his new family.

Just how much did she love him to feel like this... How much does she love him now?

He's only getting further and further away, labelling her as a sister, and acting all stiff and formal than ever

He's only getting further and further away, labelling her as a sister, and acting all stiff and formal than ever. Yeah, she can't blame him when she's the one who initiated this chain of events... So...

Samridhi sighs looking at her wristwatch. Right now, she's in the on-call room on a break. She shouldn't be thinking about Shiva and Akshara and the bond they share, especially not about Dhruva.

Rising from the sofa where she's been lazing about, she fetches some water from the dispenser in the corner of the room. After calming herself down with a few sips of water, she places the glass on the small coffee table next to her, returns to her spot on the sofa again and closes her eyes.

She must relax now, keep those thoughts at bay. This may be her break time, but when she's at the hospital she must only be thinking of her patients. She must be thinking of them all the time...

A while later, she's wrapping up the morning's rounds, out on her way back to her cabin after visiting the children's ward on the first floor of the building when she hears her name in Shiva's voice.

She turns around, and there's Shiva, standing in the otherwise empty corridor, with Akshara next to him.

Akshara smiles, even as she clutches the makeshift basket that looks like it's made out of Shiva's army man's helmet.

"Can we have a moment of your time, doctor?"

She inquires politely, and Samridhi nods, noticing for the first time there's a bunny in the basket/army cap.