#51 So close yet so far

Samridhi

"Don't be startled and don't react but Dhruva is staring at you right now..."

Samridhi looks at Sakshi disbelievingly, frowning a little, clamping a hand to her ear as the girls flanking them both on either side let out excited squeals.

While the QSC girls keep striving hard for the phenomenal event, there's no end to the list of fun activities they plan. Today, they are holding an impromptu ramp walk! Thus the excitement.

That's also the reason she and Sakshi are here but why is the latter making some very random, bold declarations?

"He's totally checking you out... again."

Samridhi's jaw drops a little.

Sakshi, who's grinning up until now, shakes her head a little apologetically. "No. Sorry, that was wrong phrasing. He's looking at you like you're the centre of his universe."

Samridhi wants to protest but directs her gaze towards the spot where Dhruva and his buddies usually hang out, wanting to confirm things for herself

Samridhi wants to protest but directs her gaze towards the spot where Dhruva and his buddies usually hang out, wanting to confirm things for herself. Sure enough, Dhruva is staring at her.

Heartbeat escalating a little, she glances away when she meets his eyes, hiding her smile behind her palm.

"No way!" She nearly shrieks, now facing Sakshi.

Around them, the ramp walk and the chaos continue, yet the two of them keep whispering to each other.

"He must be just casually looking. Don't twist it, Sakshi."

Casually looking, yes, but Sakshi doesn't want to budge. "You may not know but I know that look on his face. It's the look of a guy in love. Dhruva is besotted with you."

Samridhi can't believe just a few words from Sakshi are enough to put a goofy grin on her face and make her blush, but she knows none of them can be a reality.

"No way! That can't be..."

She tries to protest again. Sakshi cuts her off, leaning close and whispering again.

"He's still at it. Tilt your head to the right at an angle of thirty degrees and look straight, you'll catch him off guard."

Samridhi does as told, only for her eyes to collide with Dhruva's again. While she struggles to breathe, he blinks and looks away. Without wasting a second, he hops on his bike and speeds away.

 Without wasting a second, he hops on his bike and speeds away