#5 Master and His student

Samridhi

There's something that has changed in the past few days. The way Dhruva acts has not changed but it looks like he's finding more excuses to get her to the Gym. It had never happened before but this time, she feels Dhruva is looking for an opportunity to get back at her.

She has avoided going to the place for the past three days. She doesn't want to go. Because well, gym is the place where a Master can get his revenge.

But she can't escape forever.
She sighs.
Its 7 am. She finishes dressing up for an early shift. There's no shift really, but that's her excuse to get rid of Dhruva. She would prefer to spend her time in the hospital than be with him.

Moving to the Pooja Room, she takes the Aarti she is offered.

Aarti plate in hand, her mum signals through her eyes.

'Go to the Gym.'

Samridhi pulls a face

"Amma, please, no! You see, I've got an early morning shift. Sorry."

She smiles at her mum. Good, if her mum is doing pooja she won't speak for a while. Time to escape. If only it's that easy.

Her mum shouts over her back.

"Ehh Ridhi, If you don't exercise you will become fat. Now who will marry a fat girl, huh?"

That was an insult to the plus sized community. What's marriage got to do with hot body? It's a shame if that's what guys these days are after. There's this thing called love, right? She would prefer someone who would love and respect her like she does--- someone like--

What is she thinking? Amma won't understand any of that. She turns to her mum who has now clamped a hand over her mouth. Can't talk while still offering prayers, huh?

"Fine ma, I will marry a fat guy. Okay now...?"

It's not her mother who answers, but a cool voice in her place.

"Amma doesn't want a fat Son-in-Law."