#26 Even doctors have to fight!

Samridhi

Lunch break. Samridhi returns to the on-call room heaving a sigh.

The rise in the influx of patients visiting the hospital has made it impossible to get a moment's peace. Lots of folks have complained of colds and infections, the blame would fall only on the rise in the chill and the unseasonal rains.

She couldn't think of anything else during the rush hour. But now that she's alone, her thoughts drift back to Dhruva.

The training session from a few days ago is still fresh in her mind, and so is the soreness in muscles from everyday training

Their fight practice that day was a disaster. Tripping over him and causing all that physical contact... She'd never been so embarrassed in her life before.

And he'd been such a gentleman, bringing this other girl as his substitute. His diligent and respectful attitude touched her heart, but then he'd always been just that.

Martial arts training was never her cup of tea but she decided to put up with it once again because it was so dear to him. That's one of the reasons she picked up her classes again. Her other reason is a secret for now.

Will she accomplish her goals? And how soon?

She takes off her lab coat and runs her hands through her silken hair, taking a few calming breaths. She thought she was brave enough to put her plan into action, but look at her... she's nervous about the outcome of all of this!

Just as she finishes her lunch- Amma's homemade rice and aviyal (she sometimes likes to eat in here where it's quieter than in the cafeteria), and tidies up, she hears loud noises coming from the hospital's lobby.

Hurrying footsteps, people shouting, she can already picture the chaos in her head. Something's up! Putting her white coat back on, she races out of the room.

Cradled in a middle-aged man's arms, a little girl, about ten years old is bleeding profusely. Two deep gashes across her abdomen look like they are made by a sword or a weapon of some sort. Her lithe body is thoroughly drenched from sweat and blood.

And the hospital nurses and the staff are having an argument with the girl's kin.

We can't treat her yet, this is a criminal case! Call the police first...