Epilogue #3

Author's Note: Finally an update. I hope you enjoy. Also note: I changed Mano's bride/fiance/Shiva-Akshara's friend, Amritha's name to Arushi.

***

Mano's wedding is every bit of a grand affair. Traditional but fun-filled. The ritual performed at his old home in Kottayam's Thaikkudam Street is attended by his near and dear including his dear friends Shiva and Akshara.

Arushi, the spirited lady, is a shy bride today. Akshara, also dressed in her saree ensemble, remains in awe of the woman.

"Aw, that saree! You're too beautiful to describe in words, Aru!"

She coos wrapping an arm around the bride's shoulder. The latter lets out a laugh.

"And you're beautiful too. Don't forget, Ms Bride-to-be. Shiva even proposed to you. We'll all be meeting very soon to celebrate the occasion."

Though what Arushi said is the truth, her words render Akshara bashful. A blush colours her cheeks but she soon recovers.

"Hey, don't turn the teasing on me!"

The girls share a laugh that serene evening before joining the others in the mandap.

Mano and Arushi take up the dias as the holy mantras are chanted in the background. Akshara and Shiva sneak glances at each other and exchange smiles. The chaos and festivities make it impossible for them to be next to each other. The celebration doesn't die down even after the couple ties the knot.

That night, Akshara occasionally crosses paths with Shiva who's stuck to his guy pals. Girls vs guys games, tambola night - the chaos reigns till late at night.

"Shivu..." She's pleasantly spent as she finally catches her breath. She and Shiva, both of them finding a moment. Now standing on the back porch of Mano's home.

Others went to visit the temple. Only a few stayed back. She'd normally hate not going to temples but today she's happy to have stayed back. "Shivu, you look good in the dhoti and kurta. Sorry, I only got to say it now."

"