#52 Let's smile together right now!

Samridhi

After the way her emotions got tangled up in one another she was sure a good night's sleep would evade her, but she was proved wrong.

She wakes up the following morning, feeling fresh and balanced. How ironic it is that emotions can wreck one's sleep while sleep alone can be wondrous to help gain better control of one's emotions.

Emerging out of the bath wearing a bathrobe, she approaches her wardrobe. Should she pick another saree?

The allure of saree is undeniable. She heard lots of guys gossiping in the hallways of the medical campus; they were all going gaga, seeing the girl they liked dressed up in a saree.

Wryly smiling to herself, she picks one of her cotton jeans and a pale pink, geometric print saree with a tasselled pallu. Jeans because it's an old habit of hers to wear some trousers under a saree! Oops, that's a secret and nobody has to know that! And this saree here isn't to woo anyone. She just feels like wearing it again.

Having fully dressed, she's checking her image in the mirror when there is a knock on her door and Dhruva's voice rings from the doorway.

"Are you up? I'm coming in, ma. Time for breakfast! We must hurry and leave!"

Before she can answer, the door opens. Dhruva welcomes himself inside.

Knocking - he's done it twice this week. Usually, he'd barge into her room and that would be to drag her out of the bed and then to the gym.

Gentlemanly Dhruva is very charming, and there's no denying that the roguish Dhruva is just as alluring and manly. The crinkle between his brows when he's amused... Wait, why is he amused?

"You're wearing a saree again... and... That hemline, is that your jeans?"

 That hemline, is that your jeans?"

Samridhi's eyes widen. She's been so busy admiring his aesthetics that she forgot there are minor adjustments to be made to her attire!

"Dhruva, shoo! I'm not done dressing up. Why did you walk in? Who invited you?"

"I knocked," Dhruva says, now holding a hand against his mouth, stifling laughter. "Ridhi, you... all this time you were wearing trousers underneath your saree?"

Samridhi glowers at him. "That's not funny! It's a girl hack! It's comfortable and... It's... Don't laugh! I still have some dressing up to do. So get out!"

Dhruva backs off, the hand against his mouth still in place. The poor chap is having a tough time holding back his laughter.

 The poor chap is having a tough time holding back his laughter