#63 Despair and the depths of true love

AN: short chapter. Basically half of the upcoming Sunday update. I realised I must break it for some reason, so here's the first half. The next half coming soon.

Dhruva

He rode out his bike in a rage, but then remembered Shiva's mission, the stalking incident and the danger that was following the Ganesan family.

He shouldn't have left Samridhi alone! Knowing her, she'd try hitching a ride on a local train. Dhruva rides to the Park Town MRTS, leaves his bike in a paid parking slot, and rushes into the station. He hopes he's not too late.

Oh, he's not! There Samridhi is, walking away from the ticket counter, making her way down the sparsely crowded platform. He runs a hand through his hair. He doesn't want to face her. Not like this. Not when he's a mess.

Her words cut deep

Her words cut deep.God knows how much they hurt him. He should've realised she wanted him gone, but hearing it again just blew his senses. He sighs, swallowing hard. Still, it was uncharacteristic of him to snap at Samridhi! He never acts on impulse. It appears his patience has run out!

Samridhi boards the women's bogie. He buys his ticket and hops into the general one. The train stops at the closest station to their campus and he gets off the train.

Again, Samridhi is easy to spot among the crowd. Why are her shoulders slumped? Why does she walk like a puppet whose strings are cut?

Why does she look sad? And why has he turned into her creepy follower? Why did things have to be like this? Well, at least he's ensured her safety. This is for the best.

It'd do him good if he can wipe off his feelings for her altogether. He never tried it before, but now he wants to. There's no use holding onto them, but can he? He's not confident he can throw his heart away, given how far he's come in love.

***

After trailing Samridhi until she crosses the threshold of the medical campus, he returns to the station and brings his bike around.

Back again on the engineering campus, he doesn't have much to do. The day drags on and on. The QSC coordinating work becomes demanding occasionally, for which he has to cross paths with Samridhi. Sometimes, she'd idly show up, trying to chat him up. He ignored her on every occasion.

He ignores her even when she approaches him to discuss the scheduling of the next musical revue practice. When she brings him the final approved Quasquicentennial brochure and associated documents, approved by the director of the medical campus, the ones needed to be sent to the Governor's office again.

He's curt with her. Curt than ever, and their every interaction makes her more and more miserable. He's hurting too. Now, when she turns away from him, having been subjected to his silence, she appears to be choking on her tears. He wants to scream: WHY!?