Chapter 3 - Namjoon

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, ahead of Liberty, my new story Destined, and many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." — Ferris Buellers Day Off, 1986

Word count: 2228

MANAGER Jon was a tough, dead-set man

He had been working with us for years and had always pushed us to be number one. We all respected him but sometimes he forgot we were only human.

I knew going into this meeting would be difficult. I'd have to fight tooth and nail to get what I want. But this time, I had the motivation—a will so strong, that I was being forced to do this. Today, we had been teased. The universe had finally switched and turned its good graces onto us.

Jimin had been gifted with the ability to see through our soul mates' eyes. The soulmate that actually existed. The one we had been waiting for.

We had been deprived of them for so long. We had been pushed to the brink of insanity waiting for them.

As the leader of the group, I have always had to be strong. I have had to hide my tears of frustration. The others were just as depressed as me about the whole situation as me but I couldn't crumble. I couldn't show how I had lost hope because if I did, they would too.

They saw me as a leader, as one of the oldest brothers and if I lost my resolve, they would fall into a pit of darkness.

But today, god, today.

When I woke up, I knew something was different.

There was a light flutter in the air, a beaming sun that brought hope and joy.

Jimin told us everything he saw, his eyes melting with adoration. He had no idea who our soul mate was but he was already whipped.

We all were.